Talk

Advanced search

OK campers: Your mission should you choose to accept it..find us a camping adventure

(7 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Sun 08-Jan-17 13:31:31

So we are all kitted out, camped for the last two years LOVE IT.

We went to do a two week, two base holiday this year, in the summer holidays.

Id like Scotland then somewhere closer on the way back (we are in the south east) but then maybe lake district/wales?

A few things: There are me and DP, DD who is 12. I don't like crowded campsites, don't want a club house but a small swimming pool might be nice. Wooded sites would be a preference over a field. Oh and we have two dogs.

Any ideas?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 28-Jan-17 20:51:03

Just marking my place.

MycatsaPirate Sat 28-Jan-17 20:57:01

Kyle of Lochalsh is stunning!

I camped on a site there many moons ago and it was just gorgeous. There's an amazing glass bottomed boat trip in the waters between Lochalsh and Skye and the water is full of jellyfish plus there are remnants of WW2 ships along the waters edge.

Cannot remember the name of the site but the whole area is just stunning.

www.welcometoscotland.com/accommodation/caravans-and-camping-parks/skye-lochalsh

Avoid camping near Nevis. Jesus, it never stopped fecking raining.

cedge Sat 28-Jan-17 21:00:39

Really nice campsite with great facilities in Yorkshire.

Games room for the kids and pub on site. Not at all tacky. Walks and excursions all nearby.

www.upwoodpark.co.uk/

TyneTeas Sat 28-Jan-17 21:04:54

Kielder

www.visitkielder.com/caravan-camping/kielder-caravan-park

roseteapot101 Sat 28-Jan-17 21:20:37

i heard good things about river dart country park

this year i booked a basic site just shower/toilet in west witting and west fleet holiday farm in weymouth with pool

TyneTeas Sat 28-Jan-17 21:22:03

Sorry just reread and you are camping not in a caravan so that site wouldn't work but would still recommend the Kielder area and the pool etc at Leaplish is not just for people on that site

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now