Talk

Advanced search

Are there any decent tents in the sales?

(10 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Mon 02-Jan-17 19:51:40

All the ones I like on GoOutdoors have terrible reviews. Our tent is over 14 years and is getting past it's best. We could do with at least 2 bedrooms and somewhere to sit inside.

JiltedJohnsJulie Tue 03-Jan-17 18:25:21

Anyone?

Blu Tue 03-Jan-17 22:26:05

There's a good Vango Icarus 600 package in Go Outdoors, and an Icarus 500 Deluxe. Also some good Outwell options. And the HiGear Kalahari seems to do well, too. Look them up in the tent review section on UKCampsite.

Any interest in canvas? The Obelink website has some lovely, extremely good value pyramid tents. More expensive than poly, but very lovely.

Blu Tue 03-Jan-17 22:34:45

For v low cost, Millets had a Eurohike Rydal (Eurohike are the Blacks / Millets own brand: we have a small one, the quality is good).they also have an Outwell Rockwell.

hillbilly Wed 04-Jan-17 20:22:49

My next one will be the outwell Cape Coral 4 which is on sale at GO. It's smaller than what we have but perfect for just me and the kids. The front extension is great too.

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 05-Jan-17 16:16:33

Thanks everyone, hadn't realised I'd had some replies. Will look all of these up now.

Blu is doesn't have to be low cost really. As the last one is still going, this year will be its 15th, I'm looking for a bigger replacement but hopefully something that will last the same amount of time smile

Blu Thu 05-Jan-17 22:40:35

Do you think you are looking at inflatable, steel poles or fibre?

I do think Vango and Outwell are usually good quality (though Vango seem to be having lots of issues with their new inflatable ranges)

Blu Thu 05-Jan-17 23:12:54

Have a look through Stan's Outdoor Megastore - good deals on top favourites like Outwell Nevada, Outwell Montana, Vango Icarus and Isis.

www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/tents/tents-by-size/6-man-tents.html?limit=all

user1483657589 Thu 05-Jan-17 23:17:59

Hi there, if you're replacing a tent I would definitely recommend am inflatable - we bought the Kampa Hayling 6 Air

user1483657589 Thu 05-Jan-17 23:18:02

Hi there, if you're replacing a tent I would definitely recommend am inflatable - we bought the Kampa Hayling 6 Air

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now