Talk

Advanced search

Happy Christmas and season's greetings to all mumsnet campers

(7 Posts)
profpoopsnagle Sat 24-Dec-16 21:00:00

May your stockings be full of artisan marshmallow toasters and waterproof matches and organic gaiters and shewees*.

And goodwill and peace (after 10:30) on the campsite.

Have a great Christmas, and looking forward to more camping chat for 2017.

*(Other bespoke camping gear available).

ICJump Mon 26-Dec-16 21:12:04

We got great camping gear for Christmas. Including a camp kitchen! Putting it to use this weekend. So excited

Blu Wed 28-Dec-16 18:16:38

Thank you, ProfPoop!
I would like to say I was off grid over Christmas trying out my new canvas tent, but I was actually away living in the lap of luxury with family.

Did you get your red fire bucket?

The days are getting longer now - countdown to the camping season. Respect to ICYJump for an early start.

Many happy nights out in 2017, everyone. May your pack up mornings be dry.

Wolfiefan Wed 28-Dec-16 18:18:27

Happy Christmas and probably goodbye. Looks like we are selling our unit in the new year and giving up camping. Mixed feelings. shock
Enjoy. 2017. May you never need the wellies and may the showers always be clean. grin

ICJump Wed 28-Dec-16 19:47:25

Blue I'm in Australia so it's not so quite so hard core but we ar going to the wildest spot we have been

hillbilly Thu 29-Dec-16 00:24:44

Happy Christmas fellow campers! Can't wait for a new year of camping to begin. Hopefully might go to a gypsy wagon in Feb and then the tent will be out in Easter hols 😀

profpoopsnagle Fri 30-Dec-16 12:54:26

I did get a very shiny red fire bucket! I hope that it never has to be used, other than perhaps damping down a campfire or keeping the gin cool.

Wolfie, sorry to hear you are retiring.

IC, how was the kitchen unit?

We have booked for FForest fields again, and a trip to London but haven't anything else planned yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now