Talk

Advanced search

Channel Islands camping- anyone been? Going? Advice?

(6 Posts)
miljee Mon 12-Feb-07 13:54:50

Despairing of the costs of camping in Vedee, France, had a 'brainwave' re the CIs. Can anyone give me any ideas? My 2 DSs are 6 and 8, we have our own tent but ready-erected/mobile homes are OK too! Ta

Lucycat Mon 12-Feb-07 20:15:35

There are some sites listed here if they are any use?

Haven't been myself though sorry!

SpiritualKnot Sun 18-Feb-07 19:55:24

My daughter and I are going youth hostelling in Jersey this year and staying in a hotel. But I saw this site and think we'll do this next year.
Liked the look of this as there's tents already up, so you don't have to take anything...though you can take your own if you want.

this looks nice

Jersey is lovely, went last year and going twice this year. Bit of a french/portuguese feel. Very friendly people who seem to really like children.

cjs76 Sun 18-Feb-07 20:12:59

lived there for 4 years when I was a kid loads to do for kids and the town is very pretty!! beaches are gr8 lots to do in st brelards (forgotten how to sp it) !! Zoo very good to - very nice for the animals

miljee Sun 25-Feb-07 20:24:42

IS there any way of getting to the Channel Islands that doesn't cost 500+ quid return from Poole, car + 4 people?! (Condor ferries) I was looking at end of May for a week or so. It'd cost us 290 quid as FOOT passengers! Sorry about the 'quid' but my keyboard doesn't do pound symbols!

cjs76 Sun 25-Feb-07 20:40:25

As far as I know it is pretty expensive - you could fly but would need a car when you get there to get around - I know it seems small so would be no cheaper even if you got a good deal so what I am trying to say is basically no i dont think so

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now