Talk

Advanced search

Corsica / Venice

(9 Posts)
MagAbsorb Mon 24-Oct-16 21:29:31

hi all,

Thinking of going to either Corsica or Venice next summer. Any recommendations of good, upmarket family campsites? Will want to get a chalet and would love it not to be too big.

Thanks

spiderbabymum Mon 24-Oct-16 21:31:10

Oooohhhh would Love Corsica
Sure I saw a thread on here about a camping fly / camp style holiday to Corsica . Sounded GREAT . Cheap flights . Camping kit as minimal as possible ....will try to find

badger21 Mon 24-Oct-16 21:38:11

Corsica is awesome - been last two years flying/camping taking own tent and hiring car. Written about it on here a couple of times I think ...
La vigna maggiore was our favourite site - had nice looking mobile homes and a beautiful pool/bar. Campomoro our favourite beach. Let me know if you want to know anything specific.
Never been to Venice, so can't compare, sorry.

spiderbabymum Mon 24-Oct-16 21:40:44

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/camping/2719098-flying-not-driving-for-camping-holiday

spiderbabymum Mon 24-Oct-16 21:43:39

Badger it was You

Been totally inspired by your thread

But there's no convincing DH

We are very inexperienced campers but I love it

Any other way to do it to avoid having to bring all that camping kit ????

Heratnumber7 Mon 24-Oct-16 21:46:51

I'm not sure there's much camping near Venice. We stayed some way away - can't remember where though.

Venice is fab, but not for little DCs. It's all walking, and pushchairs impossible with all the bridges. Lots have steps.

MissWimpyDimple Sun 30-Oct-16 21:18:40

The beach across the water from Venice is ALL campsites! Great places to stay' short boat ride into Venice.

Check out Marina Di Venezia or Union Lido for ideas

badger21 Mon 31-Oct-16 21:30:57

Hi Spiderbabymum
I had no problem with persuading my family - gear freaks, so any opportunity to buy new stuff. I think I put most of my packing list in previous threads, but if you want to know anything specific just let me know. We travelled with a generous canvas tent, a large north face hold-all and one large suitcase - 60kg of kit, plus clothes in hand-luggage sized hold-alls and two large day-rucksacks. You don't really need that much - honest!
Alternative would be to look at mobile homes - more expensive and much less spontaneous, but Corsica is just fab ... and flights with EasyJet often appear cheap.
Thinking about cycle touring next summer - reducing the luggage even further!

minxthemanx Fri 06-Jan-17 18:56:59

Venetian riviera; loads of great campsites. We went to Sant Angelo 2 years running, loved it. Marina de venezia also very good but huge. Be warned; Italian campsites often charge for sun loungers round the pool and some insist on swimming hats. That's why we've been to France last 3 years. ..but Venice area lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now