Anyone camping this half term?

(6 Posts)
Blu Sun 23-Oct-16 11:46:29

I have chickened out of camping her in the UK. I had wondered about driving down through France Thu - Sun, but think I would have to go miles for warmer weather. Maybe I should brave the second half of the week here?

hillbilly Sun 23-Oct-16 23:58:53

I'm in Sussex camping at the moment although strictly speaking we are glamoung this time. However as I sit outside by the fire I realise I would happily have brought my tent :-)

hillbilly Sun 23-Oct-16 23:59:48

Glamping obv. Although I hate that word!

Blu Mon 24-Oct-16 14:24:17

Have fun, hillbilly!

Dampness was a concern of mine - I wanted to camp because I have succumbed to a new canvas tent, but the idea of the air being too damp to thoroughly dry it before I packed it up was weighing heavily on the dithering-scale.

FormerlyCatherineDeB Mon 24-Oct-16 21:43:01

We are, Thursday to Saturday .... haven't booked anywhere yet though! We will be in our tent with the fire.

AnnPerkins Mon 24-Oct-16 21:53:19

We're going to the Suffolk coast from Thursday to Sunday. We have a campervan with a lovely heater so not worried about the weather, although I obviously want it to be nice enough to get out and about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now