Talk

Advanced search

Four French campsites: dithering and need opinions!!

(7 Posts)
Doza Mon 26-Sep-16 19:45:17

Looking at flying and staying at a Eurocamp site next year and have narrowed it down to 4!
Front de Mer, Le Soliel or Mar Estang in Roussillon
Vieux Port in Gascony

Has anyone had experience of these sites? There are mixed reviews on tripadvisor.
I need to decideconfused

pinocchiosnose Mon 26-Sep-16 19:50:21

I went to Le soleil in June . I loved the size, it was quite small . The luna park wasn't open when I was there but I've read reviews to say it's quite noisy in high season . The beach is ok , not great but it's nice to have beach access on site . The closest town was a bit tacky I thought . Despite this we had a lovely time , the pool and the park were great for the kids ( 2 and 3) but next time I think we'll go for one close to a nicer town . Oh the on site restaurant was terrible although with the dcs we tended to cook a lot anyway.

pinocchiosnose Mon 26-Sep-16 19:51:31

Vieux port looks great ! We actually swapped laSt minute for le soleil for better weather . Good luck choosing !

Milliways Tue 27-Sep-16 16:13:58

We have stayed twice at Le Vieux Port. It's in a lovely region and we had great drives up into the mountains and playing on the ski chair lifts etc. The nearby lake had pedaloes etc to hire, and the beach is great- but a surfers paradise so very strong waves/ death by paddling, not brilliant if you have small people.
It's a steep hill to walk to the beach ( down and up a dip) or you can get the little train. Bikes or scooters are good for this.
You have to drive anywhere, no town easily walkable.
Pools and entertainment, facilities etc were all good ( we went with Siblu/ haven as was)
No barbecues allowed apart from at a communal area (which was fun) as in a forest.

Palomb Tue 27-Sep-16 16:24:08

I stayed at me soleil a couple of years ago and the whole stay was ruined by he noise of Luna Park. The site itself is brilliant so if you're not bothered by noise then it might be worth a look but I wouldn't go back there in a million years unless the park was closed down. It was like Blackpool pleasure beach; we could hear people screaming from our tent. Hideous.

Doza Tue 27-Sep-16 21:03:16

Thanks for the replies: I get seriously annoyed at late night noise so looks like Le Soliel is out. One down!!

oncearedstar Fri 04-Nov-16 18:34:16

we have been going to canet near where mar estang is for years and have family friends who stay at mar estang and la brasilia and love both sites, i havent stayed at either of thoose sites but friends both have young dd and keep returning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now