Talk

Advanced search

weekend tent ideas

(3 Posts)
TheSconeOfStone Tue 23-Aug-16 20:31:24

We're looking for something easy to put up for weekend, something that ideally I could pitch on my on if DH isn't around. The 2 DC usually sleep in our Caravelle so a 4 man should be big enough. We tried an air tent but in high winds last week it bounced and flapped unpleasantly and we have been put off. Might try a higher budget air tent at some point in the future.

We like the look of the Wild Country Zephyros 4 on offer in a few places at the moment. We camping in a Wild Country 2 man pre DC and it was a fantastic tent. Still in almost new condition despite lots of trips in it.

Any opinions on this or an alternative? Looking to spend £200-£250. Ease of pitching is really important as DH has bad joints and pitching our 6 man Outwell is getting tough.

CatherineDeB Tue 23-Aug-16 21:27:42

We haven't got a Zephyros but we have got a terra nova tent and it is fab. I can't think that TN/WC would sell anything that was rubbish.

Have you looked at the terra nova direct site - sometimes they have factory grade As at really good prices.

Blu Tue 23-Aug-16 23:19:15

I really like my Vango Kalu 4.
Currently on sale at about £199. Quite a compact tent, though . I don't see 4 people sitting on chairs in the living area with any comfort!

Very easy to pitch, very sturdy in 'weather', and you can get an easy to pitch awning extension , which is v big.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now