Talk

Advanced search

Inflatable airbed

(9 Posts)
Ambiorixa Sun 07-Aug-16 20:09:35

Has anyone used inflatable airbed supports from decathlon?

These: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/air-inflatable-camp-bed-70-cm-id_8352099.html

We have good SAMs but DH felt 'broken' last year (his words - he's ... Fragile tall.

So we're looking at alternatives that would allow him to sleep further from the ground.

Any experience or suggestions?

Ambiorixa Sun 07-Aug-16 23:20:10

no-one?

Thumbcat Mon 08-Aug-16 17:13:19

Your link was the first I'd seen of this. Looks amazing. I have a few bits of kit from Decathlon and they're all good quality.

RevealTheHiddenBeach Mon 08-Aug-16 17:18:03

Bloody hell thats expensive!

What's wrong with the current air bed and why does he think more height will help?

Personally I swear by the old fashioned rubber ones that are red on one side and blue on the other. They are heavy but so much more comfortable.

PickledLilly Mon 08-Aug-16 17:22:18

It's probably the actual air bed he finds uncomfortable. I can't get on with air beds at all, we swapped to a decent SIM and it is far more comfortable in my opinion.

AnnieOnnieMouse Mon 08-Aug-16 18:15:26

I have a really bad back, but recently spent 3 nights on a SIM on top of an ordinary airbed, all held tightly together with a good fitted sheet. It was surprisingly comfortable, although not very wide (unlike me)

Ambiorixa Mon 08-Aug-16 18:18:16

Thanks!!

We have tried airbeds and invested in really good SIMs last year. It is the height thing for him. Getting in and out of bed. He just hates getting up from so low.

They are expensive. Compared to alternative holidays to camping, I think we'll try them and report back afterwards.

Ambiorixa Sat 13-Aug-16 16:25:05

We are one night on and they are wonderful! Never slept so well in our tent! No sore back. DH enjoying camping again. Yeay!

CarlaSun Sat 13-Aug-16 19:32:19

Looks good. We use fold out camp beds for height, with decent SIMs on top. So comfortable, warm & reliable, with lots of space to store clothes & gear (mess) underneath.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now