Talk

Advanced search

Food for many

(4 Posts)
TwoTeaTessie Fri 05-Aug-16 10:29:38

In just over a weeks time Dh, DS DD and I will be going on holiday with my sister as well as her Dh 2DD, DS and two foster children (one of which is Halal and another 2 are vegetarian).

She has a tent and I have a trailer tent, we plan to eat together but with only 4 gas rings between us (and not very powerful at that) we're not sure what kind of food we should cook to stay reasonably healthy

There will be the odd days where we eat out but as you can imagine eating out with that many costs a fortune and we will be taking the BBQ.

But what do we do for the rest of the time - Has anyone any ace ideas

Thanks

Skippedthelightfandango Fri 05-Aug-16 10:41:42

Fajitas. Couple of big pans of stirfried spicy meat/veggies then grated cheese, guacamole, lettuce, sour cream, salsa and wraps. Everyone makes their own to their dietary needs. Halal can eat veggie, or you source the meat correctly.

Wolfiefan Fri 05-Aug-16 10:49:08

Quesadillas.
First night take frozen chilli or curry or something like that. Will keep milk etc cool in a coolbag and defrost on the way.

Rainbowqueeen Fri 05-Aug-16 10:55:37

Pasta with stir through sauce for one night

Omelettes/ frittata another night

Risotto - make it a vege one th en pan fry some chicken or bacon separately for the meat eaters

Bbq with vege sausages for the veges

Skipped and wolfies ideas are also meals I would do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now