Recomend me a campsite in Devon, Cornwall, Dorset

(22 Posts)
TheoriginalLEM Sat 30-Jul-16 18:36:27

That has a small play area, woodland area would be an absolute bonus. Must allow dogs, a swimming pool a bonus but not necessary.

More important, not a massive site with row upon row of tents packed in like sardines.

Somewhere we will feel happy to let DD (11) wander off and find some friends.

mynamesnotsam Sat 30-Jul-16 19:35:59

Trewan Hall near St Columb Major in Cornwall. Has pool, woods, play area, allows dogs. Safe for kids and not too big.

Balletgirlmum Sat 30-Jul-16 19:38:02

Stowford Farm Meadows, Combe Martin, Devon

CountTessa Sat 30-Jul-16 19:39:59

Went to a really nice one on Dorset near swanage and Studland bay. Can't think for the life of me what it was called though.

BoGrainger Sat 30-Jul-16 19:46:03

I'm looking as well. Trewan Hall looked really good but I really want walking distance to surfing beach. Treago farm looked good although it doesn't have a pool

Sunnyshine Sat 30-Jul-16 19:49:44

Was going to suggest stowford too. Lovely site. Has pool, small pub ( food was lovely last time I went) petting zoo and small golf course.

TheoriginalLEM Sat 30-Jul-16 20:05:04

stowford is too busy for what we are looking for but thanks anyway.

Swatsup Sat 30-Jul-16 22:12:28

These two have swimming pools, not been to them though :-)

www.caravanclub.co.uk/caravanclubapps/applications/uk-caravan-sites-and-parks/SiteDetails.aspx?csid=21906

www.westfleetholidays.co.uk/

Swatsup Sat 30-Jul-16 22:28:48

Just been here and very safe
www.salcombe-regis.co.uk/

thenightmanageress Sat 30-Jul-16 22:34:48

Eweleaze Farm near Weymouth

Sallycinnamon1974 Sat 30-Jul-16 22:46:08

Treago farm is brilliant, just down the road from us, just don't tell anyone about it because they will all come and spoil it. It's tucked away where the masses will never find it, and it's a 5 min walk from the best beach in the world.

Everydayaschoolday Sun 31-Jul-16 01:36:01

We went to Carnon Downs in Cornwall last year. Beautiful site: spacious, great play area for kids, amenities immaculately clean and well presented, had a different takeaway mobile most evenings (fish & chip van or pizza etc). Good location - we visited Newquay Zoo, Lands End etc from here. www.carnon-downs-caravanpark.co.uk

MrsWembley Sun 31-Jul-16 14:17:48

<sets up camping chair to listen in, with thoughts of Cornwall in a week's time>

SimonNeilshair Sun 31-Jul-16 14:20:02

countess was it Burnbake campsite? We just got back from a week there and loved it! Campsite was lovely, woodland pitches as well as field ones and campfires allowed.

MrsWembley Sun 31-Jul-16 14:22:50

Actually, we went here a couple of years ago and it was lovely. No pool but close to beaches.

http://www.treveaguefarm.co.uk/

If anyone can recommend somewhere near Looe...?

ThornyBird Sun 31-Jul-16 14:26:37

We camped in May at one near Millbrook in East Cornwall - hang on and I'll find it.

It had a pool and was walking distance (down a cliff) to a beach - not sure about dogs though.

Boogers Sun 31-Jul-16 14:26:45

Woodovis Park near Tavistock in Devon has static caravans, tourers, tents and glamping pods, and it's a beautiful family run site. I recommend it very highly. I can't link the website as I'm on my phone but the website is worth a look.

ThornyBird Sun 31-Jul-16 14:27:47

whitsandbayholidays.co.uk/

It was perfect for us when we went - but it was relatively quiet and we only stayed overnight.

TheoriginalLEM Sun 31-Jul-16 19:11:02

We have booked something! ! alpinegrove near chard in somerset - a bit out of area and mixed reviews but we have got a secluded woodland site. a bit pricey though. it hasa small pool and play area. I am a tad excited. its close enough to Lyme Regis which is my favourite beach in. the. world.

puffylovett Sun 31-Jul-16 22:43:13

We go to Karrageen near Hope Cove in Devon every year, love it. No play area but great for letting the kids wander off and play rounders or footie with new pals! Beautifully maintained, fab loos and showers, nice owner who keeps a field for exercising the dogs off the lead.

BikeMum8 Sun 31-Jul-16 22:57:02

Yeatheridge Farm, mid Devon, the woods were behind our tent, there's a dog walk AND a pet shower!!!!!! Oh, and a swimming pool, small play areas. DS (11) loved it!

Fourarmsv2 Tue 02-Aug-16 13:37:02

Treloy near Newquay - nice park, pool and woodland and stream at the bottle of the site that the kids loved.

Lots of little rows - like bays in a hospital so didn't feel like a massive site.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now