Talk

Advanced search

Folding table a chairs

(9 Posts)
ladybirdm Fri 29-Jul-16 23:38:56

Hey smile I've seen these available but not sure if it's the right thing to do as opposed to just taking a folding table and chairs. John Lewis, halfords and Argos do a very similar product at a good price... ... Some reviews are saying just hopeless... Just wondered what your thoughts were. Xxx

HarrietSchulenberg Fri 29-Jul-16 23:45:22

Do you mean the ones with fold out chairs attached? Tend to be blue?
If so then they're ok for toddlers and small children but if your arse is bigger than a very small dinner plate they're uncomfortable. The one I had was quite wobbly too, but we used it for putting food on then ate sitting in camping chairs.
I sold mine last year am about to buy a proper camping table.

JemimaMuddledUp Sat 30-Jul-16 09:00:05

We have one and its fine. DC are 10, 12 and 14 and they sit at it to eat (DH and I tend to sit in chairs).

We've got a folding table that is just a table as well, but tend to use that for food prep.

hz Sat 30-Jul-16 22:53:07

Personally I found them a massive waste of space. Prefer individual folding chairs which you can then use to sit on at any time, not just eating dinner, plus a roll up table with extendable legs. Kids can sit at this if necessary, though we mostly just eat off our laps when camping. I guess it depends how much space you've got too.

PopGoesTheWeaz Sat 30-Jul-16 23:49:48

yes, have come to the realisation that rather than a table and chair set, the way forward is our bog standard camping chairs that we bring anyway and coffee table height table. They're not much more than a tenner at decathlon.

LadyPenelope68 Sun 31-Jul-16 15:03:57

They are awful for anyone other than small children. Avoid them at all costs.

ladybirdm Sun 31-Jul-16 20:55:53

wink xxx

puffylovett Sun 31-Jul-16 22:40:27

I quite like ours! I sit at it with the boys, and DH sits at the end in his chair, but I much prefer to eat at a table than off my lap.
I find sitting at a table with a camping chair, it's not quite the correct proportion/height and the kids really struggle.

ladybirdm Mon 01-Aug-16 16:41:03

Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now