Talk

Advanced search

is there a camp bestival thread?

(11 Posts)
salsamummy Sun 24-Jul-16 13:20:11

Anyone going?

Skala123 Mon 25-Jul-16 17:55:48

Yes me! Going with DH and DC who are 6 and 3. Meeting up with lots of family too. We are first timers so quite nervous!

salsamummy Mon 25-Jul-16 21:31:05

You will love it!

squeezed Mon 25-Jul-16 21:39:56

It's amazing, we're so excited. Dh and I are going for the second time. With 3 year old and 11 week old this time round. We have to pick up tickets from the box office because ticketmaster haven't sent them angry

FiveGoMadInDorset Mon 25-Jul-16 21:40:59

DRove up through the park tonight, all is looking amazing

Grittzio Mon 25-Jul-16 21:43:52

We're going! Can't wait as first time for the whole weekend, have only ever been on a day ticket.

IHeartKingThistle Mon 25-Jul-16 21:45:55

Yes us - for the 4th time! Love it!

Skala123 Mon 25-Jul-16 21:49:44

Any tips for first timers?
We aren't bothering with a trolley but will hire one for set up. Not going to cook so don't have that stress plus food is meant to be good there. Are hoping to get there in good enough time to set up four tents all together.

IHeartKingThistle Mon 25-Jul-16 22:01:29

Argh just typed a long response and lost it. We've never bothered with those bloody trolleys either! We used to take a buggy but now they're older we nip back to the tent at teatime, put on extra layers and grab blankets and fold up chairs and glow sticks and head back out. The glow sticks are to keep the kids entertained! We get to stay out way longer this way!

Yes get there early if you want to camp together - pitch in a little circle and whack your picnic table in the middle if anyone has one.

Have fun everyone!

salsamummy Mon 25-Jul-16 22:48:03

I am working there on Sunday. Teaching a mother and baby yoga session and a pregnancy relaxation. I have pre booked a tent in pitch village.

squeezed Tue 26-Jul-16 03:37:36

The food is amazing and one of the things I'm looking forward to. We had a trolley last year but have a bike trailer this year to cart around our stuff. They're good for lugging everything from the car.
If you want a shower without having to queue then try the middle of the day.
Take glo sticks and bubbles because they're expensive there. Same with fancy dress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now