little stool/table combos

(12 Posts)
whenwillsummercome Mon 18-Jul-16 13:12:58

These seem like a great idea, but I can't find one where the legs fold up small enough to fit into the table top. Any recommendations? just take up too much space otherwise...

Blu Tue 19-Jul-16 06:59:12

Decathlon do a table with 4 stools that fit inside.
World of Camping do a table with two benches that fit inside, plus two stools.
If your children are small I would go with one of the fold out table and chair units (Argos and Hslfords to them, and World of Camping) where the sto are fixed, or benches. The little stools are quite unstable and small kids tip them over / fall off them quite a bit. Especially when holding a bowl of cereal.

perhapstomorrow Tue 19-Jul-16 07:34:49

We are a family of five and have this. www.worldofcamping.co.uk/easy-camp-dijon-picnic-table

It is great as there is plenty of room and it all folds up and is stored within the table so it looks like a suitcase.

whenwillsummercome Tue 19-Jul-16 09:59:30

Sorry, I didn't explain myself properly. We've got a big table (we did think of getting one of the table/stool/bench combos, but in the end went for chairs and a separate table).
What we are looking for is one of those little little side-table sort of things, that is a stool, and then you can put a top on it to turn it into a little coffee-table/colouring table sort of thing.
BUT for some reason I can't understand, none of them seem to have a top that then allows you to fit the stool/legs inside, so they're far bulkier than they need to be.
Any ideas where we could find one?

Blu Tue 19-Jul-16 21:35:46

What about this ?

whenwillsummercome Wed 20-Jul-16 12:13:18

Hi Blu, that's nice - but I don't think it can convert to being a table, can it? It needs a solid top for colouring/games/dumping things on, when it isn't being a stool...

Blu Wed 20-Jul-16 16:51:15

Oh, yes, sorry, I was thinking just of stools that might fit inside your folding table to save space.

I can't quite picture what it is you are after. What about a storage crate, used to transport your stuff and then turned upside down?

Stopattwo Wed 20-Jul-16 19:04:38

www.caravanaccessoryshop.co.uk/product/tortuga-stool-table/5025

Stopattwo Wed 20-Jul-16 19:04:59

Something like that?

whenwillsummercome Wed 20-Jul-16 22:48:48

Stopattwo - that's it EXACTLY - BUT none of the pics I can see show how it then folds up. The ones we saw in Go Outdoors didn't then 'nest', so that you had to find space for both the top and the legs (legs didn't fit into top).

Blu, I think you're right, we need to think of another shape of answer. Or just get DH one of these funny little three legged stools that take no space.

Stopattwo Thu 21-Jul-16 15:47:58

This is the description:
A lighweight folding stool or footrest that can be converted into a handy drinks table by adding the tabletop. Opens and folds in seconds. Ideal for camping, picnics and festivals.
Features
Features classic blue, red and white stripe design
Unfolded size: 40 x 40 x 40cm
Frame: aluminum
Folds compactly
Converts to handy side-table by adding tabletop

Hth smile

whenwillsummercome Fri 22-Jul-16 21:53:56

true! i will call them and ask. thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now