Talk

Advanced search

Parc de Fierbois

(5 Posts)
holdthebus Sun 10-Jul-16 17:31:20

Has anyone been recently?

I have found a few reviews that seem to suggest it is now a bit tired and run down. I just wondered if anyone had a positive experience recently?
Or other suggestions for a campsite in the Loire? We really want somewhere with a pool and lots for children to do.

millimat Sat 16-Jul-16 22:31:58

We went least year en route to the Dordogne. Children loved it. Pitches were huge and there was a good range of facilities. But I would agree it's in need of an overhaul. Pool area was meant to be grassy but was more muddy. Having said that the slides were great. I'd say good as a few days still but not for a fortnight.

123therearenomoreusernames Sat 16-Jul-16 22:58:40

I would recomended 'Camping Chateau des Marais" it's the only campsite we ever went back to the following year.

millimat Sun 17-Jul-16 13:54:16

We went to chateau de Marais a few years back. Pools were good but cold. It's a great location for Chambord but for other chateaus you need to drive. Nothing much in the immediate vicinity iirc.

millimat Sun 17-Jul-16 13:55:13

I think it depends which region of the Loire you want to explore , as its too big to base in one place and see it all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now