Talk

Advanced search

Camp Bestival with 11 week and 3 year old

(11 Posts)
squeezed Thu 07-Jul-16 14:09:37

I keep revisiting the thought "what was I thinking?" in DH convincing me that it's a good idea. We went last year and loved the camp Bestival experience. Does anyone have any tips on the added complications of taking a young baby? She's EBF and she's used to being in a sling so i hope that this helps. There were babies there last year, but I really don't know how the parents did it.

squeezed Sat 09-Jul-16 07:52:12

Anyone?

idontlikealdi Sat 09-Jul-16 07:57:18

Personally I couldn't do it. Kudos to you if you can though! Sorry, no helpful advice.

I would think though that being in a cameraman or something would make it easier if that's an option?

squeezed Sat 09-Jul-16 11:42:37

Glamping or a campervan would make it a bit pricey for us unfortunately. Although I think it would be nice. I don't think the extra cushions we're taking will be quite a luxurious.

I don't think a 11week old would be too bad actually (except for the people camping around you if it's a night baby!!)
At that age all they want to do is sleep, be held and fed and you already have a sling. As long as you just go with the flow, put NO pressure on yourselves to see anything particular (and don't promise DS1 that he will see XYZ) you will b fine.

Sallycinnamon1974 Tue 12-Jul-16 22:33:12

You will have a brilliant time! Camp Bestival is super family friendly and all geared up for families with children like yours. There is so much for the little ones to do, you will have a blast. It's probably easier with the 11 week old to be honest. And your older one will have so much fun. Just go with it and see where the day takes you. There will be loads of families like yours.

squeezed Wed 13-Jul-16 02:29:25

Thanks for the responses. I'm hoping the little one will just fit in to what we are doing. Glad that others think that too. I think we might have a dry run in the garden to see how sleeping goes.

salsamummy Sun 24-Jul-16 13:26:32

I am teaching mother and baby yoga on Sunday afternoon if you are interested. Even if it's just for a lovely
relax in the Zen Den. X

MarklahMarklah Sun 24-Jul-16 13:40:21

Took DD camping for the first time when she was 6 months old. Plenty of sunblock, hat, water, took the moses basket and she slept in that between us on the airbed.
I've been at the same festival (not Bestival)where people have taken near-newborns and there's never been any problems - the event we go to is also very family-friendly. Plenty for kids to do to keep older ones entertained too.

squeezed Mon 25-Jul-16 21:45:57

salsamummy I might do that. I'm going to hunt out the more relaxing activities this year.
We had a practice in the garden and it couldn't have gone better. The baby slept better than in the house. Getting excited now.

salsamummy Mon 25-Jul-16 23:15:03

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now