Talk

Advanced search

Night temp in Vendee, France - what to dress kids in

(5 Posts)
StaceeE Thu 07-Jul-16 09:54:33

Hi, so we've been brave and taken the decision to book a weeks camping in Vendee. Brave as we have a 3year old and 5 month old and fairly new to this style of camping!
I know nothing about camping in France including what weather to expect. I'm hoping for good (hopefully hot) weather but I'm unsure on night temps. I need to pack as light as poss and don't wanna be taking full length pj's and extra blankets if all they'll be needing is a vest etc. Can anyone help?

pippistrelle Thu 07-Jul-16 18:13:58

Well, it all depends but, tonight, for instance, Meteo France gives lows of about 17 degrees there, which is only a couple of degrees more than in the south of England. Keep checking the forecast, I guess.

www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-france/vendee/85#

eternalopt Thu 07-Jul-16 18:31:31

Canvas or nylon tent? Canvas keeps heat at night much better, so take extra clothes for the night if it's a nylon tent

Ditsy79 Fri 08-Jul-16 05:33:39

We were in the Vendee mid-June, so maybe not quite as warm as when you are going . We just put 2 yo dd in her usual pyjamas, with a fleece onesie over the top if it felt a bit chilly (and socks!).
We added another blanket when we went to bed if it had got any cooler.

Rahgh Fri 08-Jul-16 17:45:27

Nighttime it still feels cold unless it's exceptionally warm and nothing worse than cold kids at night, I take full length pjs and a onesie. On the occasional hot night they can wear the day clothes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now