Folding camp bed for larger person?

(8 Posts)
evelynj Wed 15-Jun-16 00:31:19

Can anyone recommend one that might be more comfortable? Going to go have a look at go outdoors this weekend but if there's some online I should check out, that would be good.

Also, would it be awful to get camp eads for me & dh & leAve the dc on Mats?!

MustStopAndThinkBeforePosting Wed 15-Jun-16 02:07:27

How much larger if you don't mind me asking? I'm pretty bulky and am comfy on this style but ymmv.

Not awful at all to leave dc on mats - lighter people need less by way of bed than heavier people - it is simple physics.

evelynj Wed 15-Jun-16 22:14:12

Thanks-erm, nearly 16 stone & a wee bit more, by the time I've lost another couple of pounds before we go! blush

evelynj Wed 15-Jun-16 22:16:07

That's the ones I was looking at on go outdoors, though it was the steel one. Hoping I can try them out at the weekend!

VeganCow Thu 16-Jun-16 09:10:26

Just bought two of these from Go Outdoors after trying them all out. Even tried the fishing bed/chairs which we thought were meant to be the comfiest. but this larger, wider, Hi Gear one was deffo the comfiest.

Bought them for two, shall we say older members of the camping party who struggle to actually get off the floor with air beds. Also larger people.

The weight limit of this bed is 15 stone 10. So few more pounds and you've cracked it.

VeganCow Thu 16-Jun-16 09:11:14

PS the offer says two for £85 but they actually scanned at two for £80.

evelynj Fri 17-Jun-16 07:51:40

Thanks vegan-they are wider than most of the others so that sounds good!

MissWimpyDimple Fri 17-Jun-16 08:58:31

I really like the idea of http://www.decathlon.co.uk/air-inflatable-camp-bed-70-cm-id_8352099.html]]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now