Talk

Advanced search

Weather this bank holiday - anyone camping

(15 Posts)
Janefromuptheshops Thu 19-May-16 11:30:19

Deposit paid but not feeling a rainy weekend. Anyone else going?

profpoopsnagle Thu 19-May-16 17:29:09

We're going for the week, so bound to get rain at some point. Have started looking at long term forecasts today but you can really only rely on weather 48 hours in advance.

reallyneedmoresleep Thu 19-May-16 20:12:25

I'm checking the forecast every couple of hours, as if that will help

Milliways Thu 19-May-16 20:50:28

DH swears by the Yr.no website for long range weather, but it is showing awful rain for that Saturday and we are way at a festival.

That site is excellent for next fees day's weather as so detailed, but has been proved wrong for 10 days plus ahead.

Janefromuptheshops Thu 19-May-16 22:07:50

urgh, DP is 50/50 on going anyway so if I push it and then it rains i'm going to have him sulking all weekend. DC are excited though..

PopGoesTheWeaz Sat 21-May-16 10:52:59

we haven't made any plans yet. Were thinking of going ot belguim where the weather was supposed to be good and then yesterday the forecasts all changed and instead of sunny mid 20s its rainy all weekend. luckily we don't have anything booked, but would really love to go somewhere s if anyone spots some good weather let me know!

Flippidyflap Mon 23-May-16 20:06:00

We're camping this weekend and hoping the forecast improves a bit! I'm more bothered about trying to dry the tent afterwards if we have to pack it away wet!

Janefromuptheshops Mon 23-May-16 20:15:23

Think we're still going <eyes DP>

CatherineDeB Mon 23-May-16 20:42:40

We are planning to go to the Lakes or Northumberland but haven't booked yet, waiting for a more sound weather forecast range. Definitely deteriorating this week here with highs of 10 and lows of 8 - whereas it was 20 degrees today.

Levithecat Tue 24-May-16 09:41:09

We've booked to go to the new forest this weekend but going on Thursday (pre school age kids). Looks like rain from Saturday so we might head home early.

PatriciaHolm Tue 24-May-16 09:51:07

We're going to Belgium! If the rain looks like it's set in, I'm upgrading to a b&b....

PopGoesTheWeaz Fri 27-May-16 00:42:06

still can't decide if we can brave a few thunder storms. Should be okay, right

PatriciaHolm Fri 27-May-16 07:24:54

DH is all gung ho. I'm browsing AirBnB as we speak...!

yetanotherdeskmove Fri 27-May-16 22:31:06

We are going on Monday for a few nights and the forecast is wind and rain sad

Muchtoomuchtodo Fri 27-May-16 22:43:31

I usually book our camping trips.

DH wanted to organise our trip for this weekend.

We're at home - he didn't book anything confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now