Talk

Advanced search

Campsites near Chessington

(7 Posts)
oneowlgirl Mon 02-May-16 20:13:50

Hi, can anyone recommend good campsites near Chessington World of Adventure? We want to go at half term in a few weeks so thought could make a little holiday out of it if we were able to camp nearby for a few days. I like decent showers / toilets & an electric hook up but don't need anything else. Thanks!

oneowlgirl Tue 03-May-16 20:10:31

Bump

Blu Wed 04-May-16 19:02:55

There are some fab sites in Surrey. I think the NT have one on a farm, but I can't remember exactly where. The campsiteUK site has a map search facility so you could try that.

I like Chessington, lots to do and see.

oneowlgirl Wed 04-May-16 19:48:29

Thank you. We're not new to camping but very inexperienced as a friend used to do all the research & we'd just tag along but different circumstances now means that's not happening so will check out that site. Thanks!

Blu Wed 04-May-16 20:38:59

Check out PitchUp.com too. It ha very good search filters.

oneowlgirl Wed 04-May-16 20:59:02

Are you seeing my posts repeated? For some reason, they appear to have reposted themselves tonight? V bizarre! Thanks again for the reply!

notagiraffe Wed 04-May-16 21:05:15

Try Horsley camping and caravanning site.
There's Polyapes at Walton/Cobham area but it might just be for scouts. Worth checking. Same with Walton Firs. One of the two (forget which) has a maze that leads to the original yellow submarine that inspired the Beatles' song, and the children can climb inside and play in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now