Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Camping in Brittany - Proper sleeping bag for 3 year old???

(14 Posts)
JSWa Mon 18-Apr-16 21:52:57

Hello, we're off for our first camping trip with our nearly 3 year old to Brittany, France at the end of June/early July for 2 weeks.

My question(s) is:
1. What do people recommend for him to sleep on
2. What bedding or sleeping bag and night clothes would people recommend? I've looked at a temperature guide and could be 12-14 degrees at night.

Don't want to spend 2 weeks with a cold toddler/sleepless nights!!!!

Thanks..................

MegBusset Mon 18-Apr-16 21:54:59

We used ready beds when the DC were around that age, camped in the UK in spring /summer with no problems.

JSWa Mon 18-Apr-16 21:56:30

Sounds good, can you remember what you dressed them in?

MegBusset Mon 18-Apr-16 22:00:48

Just pyjamas. Did have a spare fleece blanket in case they got chilly but they never did. If you're getting a ready bed, get a decent adult size one rather than a crappy character one - they're better quality, warmer and will last longer.

JSWa Mon 18-Apr-16 22:21:12

Good tip, thanks!

Pengweng Tue 19-Apr-16 08:05:04

We have these for my 3 year old DTs. I like them because they are warm and snug and can be zipped up at the bottom to make them smaller and there fore warmer.
Mine don't like ready beds because they do tend to fall out and then get annoyed/cry in the middle of the night which just annoys everyone. They sleep on a roll mat with a fleece blanket wrapped round to keep the cold from coming up.

www.sportsdirect.com/gelert-hibernate-400-junior-sleeping-bag-781093?colcode=78109318

Pengweng Tue 19-Apr-16 08:06:19

Oh and if in the sleeping bag then just a pair of normal pjs should be fine at those temps. In the UK we do fleece jammies and thick socks and are fine.

RaisingSteam Tue 19-Apr-16 08:14:51

If you think you will keep campin as they get older, a kids sleeping bag like the vango ones is easy and warm. Onesies are good as the dc tend to wake up early and run about before you can get them dressed.

If you get there and find you don't have what you need, just check out the nearest Decathlon. The French are a nation of campers.

JSWa Tue 19-Apr-16 22:21:25

Thanks all! couple of options to think about. He's in a grobag at the moment. Was worried about putting him in a normal sleeping bag in case he wriggles out of it then can't get back in if that makes any sense???

RaisingSteam Tue 19-Apr-16 22:42:24

I think children sleep hotter. Our DC were always half out of their sleeping bags and off their mats onto the hard ground, yet still sound asleep even when it was quite nippy outside.

fiorentina Wed 20-Apr-16 21:02:07

We have the gelert bags recommended above and they are great. We take SIMs and extra blankets but the kids have always been warm!

JSWa Wed 20-Apr-16 22:06:56

What are SIMs?

fiorentina Thu 21-Apr-16 18:53:54

Self inflating mattresses.

poocatcherchampion Mon 25-Apr-16 15:28:35

Group bag. Vest and socks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now