Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weather south of france end of may?

(3 Posts)
omama Thu 14-Apr-16 00:18:50

Found a site we like the look of in the south of France - wondering about booking May half term (1st week of June) but bit worried about the temperature. Anyone know what weather is typically like at this time of year? Will it be warm enough for swimming in outside pools or are they likely to be freezing? Kids are 5 & 1 so wont like it too cold! Many thanks.

sleepyhead Thu 14-Apr-16 00:22:32

We had our honeymoon in Nice and Avignon at that time of year and it was lovely. Swam in both the sea and an outdoor pool. Went out in the evening in a cardi / light jacket.

If it wasn't for school holidays I'd always go away end of May/beginning of June by choice as I'm not a huge fan of summer heat.

omama Thu 14-Apr-16 00:28:10

Thankyou. I dont like it overly hot either & would worry about kids burning if we went july/august! My main worry was that swimming could be a no go & thats the one thing we definitely want - you have reassured me smile. Now to convince dh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now