Family Tent

(5 Posts)
CeeCee123 Mon 11-Apr-16 21:49:43

Hi, I know this has probably been done to death, but I'm doing my annual dither about which tent to buy. The last two years we've ended up going to campsites with pre-pitched tents , but this is the year we are going to buy! It will be used for weekend camping, as much as I love it I'm not sure there are any week long camping trips in our immediate future.

We have an 8 year old and a 5 year old, and my husband has requested that he's able to stand up inside the tent, which means 195cm plus head height.

We need something easy to pitch and to take down (as neither of us are terribly skilled in the practical department!), we also don't have a very big car (medium sized hatchback) although we are planning on buying a roof rack.

I've been looking at pop up tents, inflatable tents, standard family tents, bell tents.... the list goes on. Ideally we would spend £500 as an absolute maximum, would prefer more like £300 - £400.
Help me please oh wise camping ladies of Mumsnet! I've worked myself into analysis paralysis.

Milliways Tue 12-Apr-16 07:08:03

How about this Khyam simple tent, separate bedrooms, standing height and only £299 !

Pengweng Tue 12-Apr-16 08:55:57

We have this one below but got it for that price in store with the footprint and carpet so they may have offers in store. It's pretty easy to put up and the steel poles do make it heavy but i feel a bit more secure when it's windy. Though we have only used it once so far haha.
www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-spirit-6-tent-p321215

This one is similar but without the steel poles. and much cheaper.
www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-zenobia-elite-6-family-tent-p286217

Blu Wed 13-Apr-16 07:11:07

Vango Icarus?

averythinline Wed 13-Apr-16 16:35:02

Outwell Nevada is a good tent and this seems a good price- I am less keen on the go outdoors tents whilst steel poles can be great if your camping in v windy places their tents aren't great quality ...
this seems a good price...
www.tauntonleisure.com/outwell-nevada-4-tent-2016/p14352

I would not get a 'big' tent as they are harder to put up... this is 3 poles, not too heavy - If you are not the practical type don't get a bell tent unless the are the sewn in groundsheet type you have too be quite careful how you pitch- are also bulky and heavy esp when wet.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now