Advanced search

Do you insure your tent?

(7 Posts)
Onlyusethispasswordhere Thu 07-Apr-16 10:51:26

We've only been camping for a few years, and up to now in small under £100 tents.
But each time we went I got big tent envy! So at last have ordered a big tent, and as I have to put it up on my own I went for an airbeam.
This tent is like owning the Crown Jewels to me! grin I would not be able to replace it easily if something happened her!
So is there a good tent insurance out there?
I'm waiting in at the moment for it to arrive, I'm pathetically excited.
Thank you oh wise ones!

AwkwardAnnie Thu 07-Apr-16 16:18:57

My tent is covered on my house insurance. We have up to £3000 of items covered for use outside the house so long as no one item is worth more than £1500. We got it for musical instruments but luckily it also covers camping gear too. You need to check specifically with your insurer though as most don't cover camping gear. We've just renewed and had to pay £6 a month more than the cheaper options as the cheaper ones wouldn't cover the tent etc.
Other options are to go for insurance through things like the Camping & Caravan Club.

Onlyusethispasswordhere Thu 07-Apr-16 16:43:40

Thanks AwkwardAnnie will have a look at both those options.

MrsPigling Thu 07-Apr-16 18:18:38

our camping stuff is specifically mentioned under the house insurance, not sure on the limits, but something like £2000 of camping equipment

lavendersun Thu 07-Apr-16 22:06:04

Ours is insured through the camping and caravanning club. We have got two very expensive tents plus another one and too much stuff! To be honest I only tend to insure them for the first three or four years and then I don't bother for the next 15-20 years until we re-invest some cash and renew our tents!

I recently changed house contents insurer and must look to see what they do camping wise.

The main benefit of insuring it through a specific camping policy was always that they would provide emergency accommodation costs/replacement tent if you lost everything on a long holiday/european trip.

I insure out of habit tbh.

Onlyusethispasswordhere Thu 07-Apr-16 22:21:25

Well definitely look at CCC then, like the sound of the extras! Thanks

Loutwotwo Thu 05-May-16 23:32:16

Try your household insurance

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now