Talk

Advanced search

Please recommend somewhere that will take my mammoth tent, good for kids between 2-16 and near a beach- pref Dorset/Devon/Hants/Somerset

(12 Posts)
Tiredemma Mon 04-Apr-16 21:19:36

Im struggling to find anything that will not only take our ridiculous marquee size tent (vango diablo 900xp) but also meet all needs of varying aged children plus walking distance to a beach.

Any recommendations?

OldJoseph Tue 05-Apr-16 13:30:01

I think any campsite within walking distance to a beach will be packing the tents in fairly tightly.

Could you find a suitable site and book two pitches? It would be more costly but each pitch is usually for two people then you add extra on top of that.

Milliways Thu 07-Apr-16 22:28:43

Scotts Farm at West Wittering take large tents in the field, but not the EHU pitches. It is walkable to beach and has lots of good facilities and play areas.

Tiredemma Fri 08-Apr-16 07:34:38

thanks will look at that

BikeRunSki Fri 08-Apr-16 07:54:06

I have n't stayed there, but I have heard lots of good things about Tom's Field in Dorset.

A National Trust campsite will probably suit you well, but I don't know if there are any on the SW coast.

TiggyD Fri 08-Apr-16 08:12:04

Tom's Field is nice, but not within walking distance of a beach. Unless you count the nearby rocky ledge. Very nice site though.

LaceyLee Fri 08-Apr-16 08:16:54

Eweleaze farm in Dorset is next to a beach. Only open in August. I was there with teenagers and little ones and they enjoyed it. There's animals and barns with hay for the little ones. I'm not sure about the tent size though.

CMOTDibbler Fri 08-Apr-16 08:20:38

We camped at the Haven in Weymouth (Portland side) and they had some really big pitches

Tiredemma Fri 08-Apr-16 08:29:04

We camped at the Haven in Weymouth (Portland side) and they had some really big pitches

Was that Littlesea?

FanSpamTastic Fri 08-Apr-16 08:38:27

This may be too far - near Falmouth.

But it was a lovely site with lots of room.

The beach is about half a mile walk but easily doable. The beach is Maenporth beach - sandy, sheltered, lots of rock pools.

Tregedna Farm

CMOTDibbler Fri 08-Apr-16 09:20:46

Yes, Littlesea. The beach wasn't massively exciting there, but theres a bus direct from the site to Weymouth seafront which has an epic beach

averythinline Wed 13-Apr-16 16:38:47

not been as never open when we're in that part of the world but near beach ...
www.swanagecamping.com/

completely out your area- but good site near the beach grin
sites.google.com/site/oxwichcampingpark/home

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now