Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help with booking online

(6 Posts)
loveisagirlnameddaisy Mon 21-Mar-16 11:44:20

I'm researching campsites in and around Annecy for August this year. The websites I'm looking at are a bit hit and miss in terms of how much specific information they give you and I'm nervous booking something. One of them gave no pitch size other than '80-100m' which clearly can't be the size of one pitch! Does anyone have experience of navigating foreign sites through the whole booking process? Thanks.

pippistrelle Mon 21-Mar-16 11:55:15

No specific insight but I'm just wondering if, in the example you gave, they mean 8m by 10m which would give an area of 80 square metres: that wouldn't then be too fanciful, would it?

AnnPerkins Mon 21-Mar-16 12:39:09

Yes, they mean square metres. 80-100sqm is OK. Are you in a tent or caravan/motorhome? That's plenty big enough for our campervan+awning.

What else are you struggling with?

millimat Mon 21-Mar-16 18:41:11

Email them with specific questions.

loveisagirlnameddaisy Mon 21-Mar-16 22:16:04

Ah, ok, square metres makes sense. I think emailing them directly is a good idea. I'm also a little unsure about the way they describe their electricity setup, is it the same as a UK campsite would describe it in terms of amps etc?

millimat Mon 21-Mar-16 22:25:10

If its only a small site I've emailed using Google translate!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now