Talk

Advanced search

Small campsite south of france

(7 Posts)
Spadequeen Fri 26-Feb-16 18:27:44

I'm not sure if what I'm looking for exists but we're driving to the south of France and would love to camp at a site near the beach that doesn't have entertainment! All the big sites seem to be all singing and dancing but that's my idea of hell, I can't seem to find a nice independent site. Does one exist?

DoreenLethal Fri 26-Feb-16 18:29:02

whereabouts in the south of France? It's a big place.

We went to Cosycamp. Flipping lovely it was.

DoreenLethal Fri 26-Feb-16 18:29:25

Not near the beach, but on the banks of the river.

Spadequeen Fri 26-Feb-16 22:18:00

Well I don't think we're too fussed really! Just like the idea of near the beach. Last couple of years we went to Provence, love it there but we're happy to try elsewhere.

anotherdayanothersquabble Fri 26-Feb-16 22:24:44

Vendée.

anotherdayanothersquabble Fri 26-Feb-16 22:35:18

Arcachon

We have stayed in both of these and were also looking for small camp sites with beach access. The Arcachon looks more 'pool / activity' based than it is in reality. We loved them both!!

DreadfulSpiller Tue 15-Mar-16 22:19:56

Doreen (or any other kind MNers!) can you tell me a bit more about CosyCamp? I've been looking at it for this summer with me, DH and DD (8) and DD (3), We'd be bringing our own tent. It looks fab and just what were after, except, I keep seeing reviews complaining about loads of flies ... Which puts me off tbh! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now