Talk

Advanced search

French sites with waterslides

(17 Posts)
hillbilly Wed 27-Jan-16 13:18:00

Hello fellow campers! We have been to Les Valades for the last 3 years and fancy something different this year. I think the kids would love somewhere with waterslides, so, recommendations please! Like the idea of somewhere near the beach but it's not essential. Good for cycling would also be a huge plus.

I looked at sites on Oleron but got very confused and could not seem to be able to see somewhere that we can take our own tent.

FrozenAteMyDaughter Wed 27-Jan-16 14:14:10

If you are prepared to go right down south the two Yelloh sites, Les Tournels (in Ramatuelle near St Tropez) and Le Brasilia (on the Perpignan side) are both good and, in the case of Le Brasilia, right on a beach.

Also this place is nice and walking distance of a beach, and not far from Bordeaux: www.camping-cote-dargent.co.uk/

Although I haven't been, I was also thinking this place near Biscarosse looked pretty good: www.campinglarive.co.uk/

We only go to sites with water slides so I am a bit of an expert - we struck out last year to the Jura, near lakes but not beaches, so if that would be an option for you, I have a few recommendations over there too (only stayed at one site but we had a nose around some others while we were there).

FrozenAteMyDaughter Wed 27-Jan-16 14:17:01

Oh, and friends stayed at this one: www.lescriques.co.uk/. It is near a lovely town, Collioure (unlike where we stayed Le Brasilia, which is a drive from anywhere nice). The restaurant on site wasn't great when they stayed but, otherwise they liked it and you can get pitches with great sea views.

hillbilly Wed 27-Jan-16 16:25:37

Thanks frozen. I trawled through all the camping threads since my criteria has not included waters
Ides before! Anyway I'll have a look at your recommendTions. Someone mentioned that Jura was very iffy weatherwise - is that true?

poocatcherchampion Wed 27-Jan-16 16:32:49

Oh great thread. We are looking for the same but not on the coast. We are thinking of directly south of Paris - never been there really.

All suggestions welcome!

FrozenAteMyDaughter Wed 27-Jan-16 17:37:31

Yes, hillbilly, I believe it can be. We got incredibly lucky and got one day of rain out of 10 days' stay at a time last August when England was practically submerged. But I understand that is not always the way. You probably are safer sticking to the south or southwest if you want to be pretty guaranteed solid(ish) good weather.

poocatcher, I don't know that area I am afraid but most of the chains, Yelloh!, Castels, Flowers, Huttopia etc, have at least some sites that have waterslides and all have sites all over France, so worth checking them out.

This might be a good place to start actually:

www.campingfrance.com/uk/our-themes/campsites-with-water-parks

timbo53 Thu 28-Jan-16 13:26:29

Waterslides, beach and cycling. Best campsite we've been to for all three is Le Clarys Plage in the Vendee. Cracking waterpark and there are loads of cycle routes around the area. There's also a beach around 600m away.

dickyduckydido Thu 28-Jan-16 13:39:09

www.chateaudegalinee.com/en/

only little waterslides but good area and a few good beaches nearby

poocatcherchampion Thu 28-Jan-16 21:33:41

Awesome thanks! Will get looking smile

hillbilly Sun 31-Jan-16 22:24:27

Thanks for all the great suggestions!

millimat Mon 01-Feb-16 13:54:29

We had atrocious weather in the Jura sad
One of our best holidays was in the auvergne region here www.laribeyre.com/en/ great weather, perfect region to explore. Not a huge amount of waterslides but it has a great lake as well - bigger than les valades - with canoes you can take out on the lake.

hillbilly Tue 02-Feb-16 16:31:31

Timbo I have heard lots about clarys plage. Going to take a look

Have found Les Peupliers on Ile de re which had the added bonus of having communal charcoal BBQs. It has mixed reviews on trip advisor but the negativity is mostly about the cleanliness of the caravans which won't apply to us but may not bode well for the other amenities hmm

becks5109 Tue 22-Mar-16 13:44:55

a bit late to add to this thread but we have been twice to Chateau de Boisson a Castels Campsite - has huge out door pool and an indoor pool, great facilities. Only 1 slide but its a good one!

millimat Fri 01-Apr-16 21:37:46

Did you decide, hillybilly?

hillbilly Sat 02-Apr-16 20:00:04

Hi Millimat. Unfortunately we now may not make it to France this summer and if we do it will be last minute. We may have to do mini camping breaks in the uk instead. I'm off on Monday for a few nights to Sussex and it's the first outing for the tent this year so I'm hugely excited, probably more so than the children! Fingers crossed for the weather grin

SisterMoonshine Tue 05-Apr-16 13:45:26

ooo that Le Clarys Plage site looks good.

SisterMoonshine Tue 05-Apr-16 13:49:06

And that Chateau one in Brittany.
Looking at possibly France myself this year. Never done it before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now