Talk

Advanced search

Alpkit Kraku or MSR Pocket Rocket?

(3 Posts)
BloodyBloods Wed 27-Jan-16 11:12:34

I am looking for a very small stove, which for the moment will be kept in my emergency bag but will also be used for the odd overnight when my health improves a bit. I was looking at the MSR Pocket Rocket as it is a very popular item but then I saw the Alpkit Kraku which is teeny tiny and would be perfect for hiking. I would be using it for dehydrated meals and hot drinks when walking (so boiling water, basically), and for heating tins of food and boiling water if I had to leave my house for whatever reason (hopefully won't happen!).

I wondered if anyone had any opinions either way.

PS I have plenty in the way of larger stoves for camping so I'm not looking for any suggestions of bulkier items that would be more suitable for a camping holiday.

Krampus Thu 28-Jan-16 08:14:43

I have a Primus ETA Express, this isnte newer style.
www.millets.co.uk/equipment/115369-primus-eta-express-stove.html/573669/?istCompanyId=b238823a-59fd-4816-9c36-7dd47877f2a8&istItemId=qxiliqalp&istBid=tztx&gclid=Cj0KEQiAlae1BRCU2qaz2__t9IIBEiQAKRGDVT6w5d32sw5OWNT6y2YLIsR1cC5JGS3u0tHlzAYknyAaAifE8P8HAQ#read_more

Very quick boil and it all packs down into the pot, including a small gas. The main difference I can see between the newer styles and mine is the shape of the pot. I have used it for week long walks before.

BloodyBloods Fri 29-Jan-16 11:14:26

Thanks, I hadn't considered that possiblilty. It looks quite good and very compact. I have a metal mug that I was going to keep the gas and stove in but that looks like quite a nifty thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now