Camping in IOW or Norfolk?

(4 Posts)
hels71 Sun 10-Jan-16 14:07:41

I have finally persuaded DH and DD that we should try somewhere different for our holiday this year, having been to the same campsite in Devon for the past 6 years.
We are thinking either the Isle of Wight or Norfolk, and would most likely be going at May half term.

Can anyone recommend anywhere.

We need:
Trailer tents/folding campers allowed
EHU
Decent showers/toilets preferably included in the price
Easy access to a shop for everyday essentials
A playground nearby or on site suitable for an 8 year old
Dogs must be kept on leads (DD is terrified)
Good family places to visit nearby (we like farms/historic houses/anywhere with a nice cafe!!)
Family friendly, ie reasonably quiet at night...

ideally:
an indoor pool on site or nearby
a beach easily accessible.

We are not bothered about wild camping/fire pits etc..

Can anyone suggest anywhere??

Thanks

lavendersun Mon 11-Jan-16 10:47:22

Deers Glade is a pleasant place - doesn't do fires and we like them so I haven't been for a couple of years. We like small rustic sites, not bothered about EHU and mega facilities/don't go to big places .... but I don't mind Deers Glade.

Kelling Heath has a pool but is not my sort of place (live nearby) so have never been.

Both in Norfolk. Can't link at the minute.

hels71 Tue 12-Jan-16 20:38:27

Thanks. I will have a look!

HollyJollyDillydolly Fri 29-Jan-16 14:25:07

Echo deers glade and kelling heath. Deers glade is much smaller and less amenities. The walks at kelling heath are lovely, there's a steam train that passes at the top, indoor and outdoor pools. We stayed in the school holidays last year and loved it, there were new shower blocks in our area too which were lovely. I'd Highly recommend kelling heath smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now