Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a site in the south east with a good playground/fun for kids and that allows campfires?

(6 Posts)
Titsywoo Wed 06-Jan-16 11:43:30

We are looking at Blackberry Wood but 2 of our group have big tents so looks like we can't fit in there. We usually go to Wellington Country Park but fancy trying something different and would really like a campfire. Will be a group of about of 13 (6 kids, 7 adults) in 3 tents and we would want to be together.

Any ideas appreciated smile

hillbilly Wed 06-Jan-16 13:39:30

Wowo is fabulous and although it does not have an official "playground" the whole site is fantastic for kids to explore. Ditches, streams, rope swings galore.

Alternatively Town farm in Bucks is great and Charles the owner is very hospitable. They have a playground. It's quite high up so exposed to the elements but beautiful views. Great walks around too.

Also worth mentioning are the Camping Unplugged sites. They used to have Forgewood which was a firm fave with us but it closed last year. They have a few others in the SE.

All these allow fires.

DamnCommandments Wed 06-Jan-16 13:42:24

We stayed at Pitch Perfect in Kent. Room to pitch as a group, we took our five metre bell tent, fire pits to rent. No real playground, as such, but rope swings in the woods and plenty of space to play. I'd recommend it.

Titsywoo Wed 06-Jan-16 14:44:43

Thanks. Town Farm looks great. I had a bad experience at wowo as it had been raining and the whole place turned to a bog. Most stressful weekend ever! The only pitch perfect I can find is in Somerset?

Titsywoo Wed 06-Jan-16 23:22:25

We've booked town farm smile Thanks hillbilly!

hillbilly Thu 07-Jan-16 11:30:14

Great, happy to help! We have been a few times and really loved it. I have just remembered that it's fires off the ground only but they rent out firepits of the washing machine drum variety but we usually take our own.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now