what do I need for camping with family?

(2 Posts)
ClosedAuraOpenMind Mon 04-Jan-16 13:04:12

always enjoyed camping but done more event/festival camping in recent years

but now have DD who is 4 and Santa brought us a new tent for Christmas grin
I'm excited about going away for a few days with her and DH but what do we need?
we have sleeping bags and SIMs, but what about cool boxes and something to cook on....I just have a wee trangia which is mainly used for a morning brew up

anyway any advice much appreciated

Fourormore Mon 04-Jan-16 15:18:43

We have a couple of small gas stoves (there's 7 of us) but we usually only use one. They were just basic things from gooutdoors.
We also have air beds that I'll probably swap for SIMs in future. We just have an ordinary cool bag with spare ice packs. The two sites we've stayed on so far have had let us re-freeze our packs and we've only stayed for 3 nights. We might consider getting a proper cool box at some point but it hasn't been necessary as such.
Camping chairs
Torch
Electric hook up (we use it for low power kettle, charging phones and pump for air beds)
Fly spray! Apparently Avon So Soft cream is a great fly repellent.
Way more blankets than you think you're going to need. We've just invested in a little fan heater because I can't stand the cold!

We seem to take loads with us but that's all I can think of off the top of my head!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now