Talk

Advanced search

Bell tent with Stove or Vango tunnel with oxbox and/or biolite

(4 Posts)
DanceDanceRevolution Tue 08-Dec-15 12:28:25

As the title says I'm not sure which to buy. I love the bell tent with stoves (I wouldn't be getting one if I didn't get a stove as well) but they seem like they are more hard work and a much bigger. The other tent I've been looking at is the Vango Avington 500 and if I bought that I'd want the biolite stove and an oxbox for off ground campfires.
How soon would I have to buy a replacement tent with each option?
Price is a bit of an issue so I want to be absolutely sure that the bell tent is the better option
TIA

JackDaniell Fri 11-Dec-15 15:06:21

Vango Avington...nice name and nice tent ;)

JarethTheGoblinKing Wed 16-Dec-15 18:11:48

Look at the Vango Farnham too, it's the same tent as the Avington apparently, and a very good price at the mo

OnlyHereForTheCamping Wed 23-Dec-15 12:58:27

Bell tents are really easy to put up and take down, down side is the heaviness and drying. Also how many of you are there? They are not hugely practical for large families. We didn't go for one because I react badly to insect bites and need an inner tent. A bell tent should last longer than a vango. I don't really rate vangos
The vango tent is probably dead easy to erect dry store etc. more practical in terms of useable space.
Aesthetically less appealing and less fun if you are into the bunting fairy light scene.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now