Talk

Advanced search

camping on Ile d'Oleron 2016

(6 Posts)
Tidypidy Sun 18-Oct-15 21:05:34

Any recommendations please? We have 3dcs, eldest is 8, a big tent and will need an erected tent for my parents who are coming with us. Where should be start looking? TIA!

mummeeee Thu 05-Nov-15 10:07:22

In 2013 we went to one of the indigo campsites there. It was in May half term, so not in high season. It was a lovely site and we really enjoyed the island. What sort of sites do you normally go to? I can answer questions if it's helpful. We went with a motor home and toured the island on bikes with a 2 and a 3 year old.

mummeeee Thu 05-Nov-15 10:10:24

www.camping-indigo.com/fr/camping-indigo-oleron-les-pins-charentes.html here's the link

LeotardoDaVinci Thu 05-Nov-15 10:10:53

I wasn't very keen on the Ile D'Oleron but willing to accept that it was just one of those unfortunate experiences, late summer season so everyone was ready for closing up, I did LOVE this nearby campsite.

mummytoo Tue 17-Nov-15 21:19:13

We went to Ile-de-re this yr in highest of high season....booked directly with Sunelia and stayed at the beach...pitch was around 500 quid for a fortnight and was one of the best holidays I've ever had (and I am well travelled). It was busy but buzzing which was nice....and so clean.

Tidypidy Sun 22-Nov-15 14:05:55

Thank you for replies. We've booked to go to Les Pins. Looks good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now