Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which tent should I buy....?

(7 Posts)
QueenCardigan Sat 15-Aug-15 20:07:41

I'm a complete camping novice (as is dh) but we're thinkng of getting a tent and giving it a go.

I'd like a tent that's easy to erect by myself with the 3 dc. Ideally we like something to sleep 8 so we have plenty of space.

I've looked online and like the look of inflatable tents for ease of erection. I'm hoping to go to an actual shop tomorrow to have a browse.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

camperdine Sat 15-Aug-15 20:15:23

I'm interested in inflatable tents. I was a bit put off by the weight but then when I looked at version with poles of a similar size they were only about 5kg lighter. I went to have a look at a few last weekend and was blown away by how big the 8-berth tents were, and I have decided we will have to survive with a 6-berth.

lokijet Sat 15-Aug-15 20:23:34

i bought a vango icarus airbeam last year and it has been good - can get up and down by myself (DS is 5 years now and tries to help)

Have used the hand pump but also bought a pump that can be run off the car

Someone else recently recommended a Queca pop up tent

PS still struggle to neatly fold ground sheet etc as 5 year s old doesn't really know how to foldsheets

QueenCardigan Sat 15-Aug-15 20:33:28

Thank you. I'll have a look at those.

Bellemere Sun 16-Aug-15 11:15:12

We've just bought a Kalahari Elite 10 which also comes in an 8 man version. We are complete beginners - neither of us have camped before. It was very easy to put up. If you go on the gooutdoors website you can see a video of it. Loads of space too. Inflatable ones are much more expensive.

DunderMiffed Sun 16-Aug-15 11:33:33

Outwell Nevada would be a brill tent for a family of your size and I reckon you could do it alone but if the kids are old enough to hold a guy rope it will be easier (not as easy as an inflatable tent but pretty easy all the same).

CatsRule Tue 18-Aug-15 19:33:07

We have an Outwell Nevada xlp and it's comfortable for dh, ds (3..so lots of things!) and me. There is plenty of space in the living and sleeping area. I probably couldn't put it up myself though as it is heavy but I'm a bit weak and feeble!

I love the idea of the airbeam tents but not convinced as yet. I fancy a steel pole tent as they look more sturdy than the flexi pole ones but not sure if they are better or not.

We likes the shape of the Nevada as didn't want ds in his own bedroom at only 3.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now