Talk

Advanced search

Best place to sell a bell tent?

(7 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Mon 10-Aug-15 16:52:32

Ive got s nearly brand new Soulpad im wanting to sell. Don't fancy selling it in eBay. I have found a fb selling group which ive put it on....any other ideas for forums, etc?

SalomeD Mon 10-Aug-15 18:17:50

There are a couple on FB - Bell Tent Bazaar and Bell Tent Bits & Bobs

You can also advertise for free on UKCampsite's website

VivaLeBeaver Mon 10-Aug-15 19:03:40

Thanks, have advertised it on both those fb groups now and will go to ukcampsite and advertise there. Think I may have left it a bit late for this year but I'm not in a hurry so will re advertise next year if it doesn't sell now.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 10-Aug-15 22:00:16

Think I've sold it. Buyer is offering to pay via PayPal or a bank transfer, any idea which is safer? Ive heard paypal people can reverse charges?? But is giving bank details to strangers dodgy? I know it's a no no to dodgy Nigerian emails but someone from a bell tent forum must be fairly ok?

caroldecker Mon 10-Aug-15 22:09:45

Are they picking it up - then bank transfer or cash as you have no proof of delivery.
If you (will) / have proof then paypal.

SalomeD Mon 10-Aug-15 22:10:45

I think PayPal is safer than bank transfer (you have no redress with the latter). Have a quick Google of Paypal scams so you are aware of what can go wrong. Has the person been posting on the forum regularly?

VivaLeBeaver Mon 10-Aug-15 22:18:45

Yes person posts a lot. Has an online bell tent hire thing going on and a website and an open fb profile which looks very genuine.

I'm posting it via a courier with insurance. I don't want to be stung for a load of paypal charges. And ive heard buyers can reverse paypal payments and get their money back! Not that I think this person would do that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now