Talk

Advanced search

What's new in the world of camping lights?

(7 Posts)
BrianButterfield Sat 08-Aug-15 21:54:05

We've always sort of assumed we were fine on the lights front - the usual assortment of torches, a wind-up lantern, LED tent lights, a couple of those bulbs you put batteries in and so on. But this last trip we realised the wind-up stuff is aging and doesn't hold much of a charge, we've lost a crucial piece of the tent light so couldn't have that on, and so if inside after dark you couldn't even see to read, which makes it a bit dull really. We've always been budget kit fans, which usually suits our needs, but I told DH I'd ask the MN camping massive what was going on in the camping light world. I do not like head torches, because you look like a dork. We would like at least one thing to have in the main living area that illuminates as much of it as possible, as well as handheld/auxiliary lights for the pods. And something we could put on the table outside at night without being a nuisance would be good too.

gingeroots Sun 09-Aug-15 14:55:04

bump - me too ,same quest .

gingeroots Sun 09-Aug-15 15:06:20

These www.decathlon.co.uk/bl-40-lantern-red-id_8330591.html look good .

or this www.towsure.com/coleman-cpx-6-led-campign-table-lamp

Elizabeth267 Sun 09-Aug-15 20:14:50

I have 2 battery powered Led lights I will be testing in a week so can you know in September!

gingeroots Mon 10-Aug-15 09:01:23

bump

Milliways Wed 12-Aug-15 16:47:21

Outdoor Megastore have a sale on at the moment.
this rechargeable lamp looks good, and I like the led light ring that is now on £4.99 as a good tent room light here

gingeroots Wed 12-Aug-15 22:03:34

Nothing revolutionary about it by I've just got this www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0078ZTWP4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

its v bright ,but has 2 levels . What I like best is it that it can be hung or stood with the base at the top and this reduces the glare while remaining bright .

Not rechargeable but hoping that my experience of LED lamps not draining the batteries too quickly will hold good .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now