Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3m or 4m bell tent

(4 Posts)
PollyIndia Mon 03-Aug-15 20:19:46

My parents are very kindly buying me a bell tent for my 40th but I don't know whether to go for a 3 or 4m. I am taking it to a festival next weekend so would have to lug it between car and campsite, so weight is a consideration. I am a single parent to 2.9 year old DS so need to be able to manage it on my own. The 3m looks more sensible but I think I'll get more long term use out of the 4m. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

LettuceLaughton Mon 03-Aug-15 20:36:48

I'm a very long way form an expert on these matters but I'd be tempted to go with the bigger tent a get a wee wagon for transporting it (and other stuff, and DS).

This sort of thing. The foldable ones are fab but weight limits would need checking, at a guess.

NannyR Mon 03-Aug-15 23:12:14

I recently bought the soul pad ultralite 3 metre bell tent. I camp on my own and it's a brilliant size for one person. I think that, although there is space for two, it would feel a bit on the crowded side, especially if the weathers bad. I would go for the 4 metre personally, it would also have a higher doorway that you could walk through, with the 3 metre you do have to bend down to get in.

PollyIndia Tue 04-Aug-15 06:37:36

Ok, thanks both. 4m it is! I am already renting a wagon for DS lettuce, though actually, is a great idea to use it for carting stuff around too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now