Talk

Advanced search

Top 3 veggie camping meals

(3 Posts)
OrangeSunset Mon 27-Jul-15 11:11:22

We're off for 3 nights...so don't want to take too much stuff.

What are your top 3 veggie camping meals? Ideally something I can make in advance....I'm a terrible faff-er when camping, so the less pots/pans/ingredients I need to find in a tiny tent, the less stressed we will be! Any quick puds that will keep DC happy?

We've got a 2 burner stove.

lavendersun Mon 27-Jul-15 13:54:48

Risotto Milanese (or any other veggie risotto) not make ahead but quite relaxing with a glass of wine and one pot!

I then make curries, paneer, cauliflower and chickpea is a favourite. I use the spice tailor packs and they are divine.

I make things like dolcelatte and fig paninis too with a salad if it is hot (ha) but that is because I take a stovetop press.

We do eat meat, me not so much, so when I make a curry I make my fav veggie version. If you are making more dishes than you have rings something like a curry/something in a sauce finishes cooking with the pan on the grass.

Poached eggs on toast with pan fried cherry toms in butter with a bit of garlic is also sometimes a camping dinner here, esp if we have eaten out during the day.

beanandspud Mon 27-Jul-15 20:03:31

Bit of a cheat but I sometimes buy the tins of beans with meat-free sausages in them. Quick and easy, serve with crusty bread.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now