Talk

Advanced search

Argghh - flu and camping

(9 Posts)
DizziDoll Sun 26-Jul-15 05:10:01

We were going to leave at 4am this morning so after 3 hours sleep I got up and got ready so I could do the first leg of the drive. At 4am DH comes in shivering and whimpering. So he went back to bed....
I couldn't and am still wide awake.
If we leave within the next hour or so, we won't get there until dark and then there won't be any time that the kids are asleep so it will all take much longer.
:-(
And we'll probably all have it in the coming days too as it is going around...

DoreenLethal Sun 26-Jul-15 07:16:45

Postpone for a fortnight?

Blu Sun 26-Jul-15 08:59:25

Oh dear!
Where are you heading?
Set off this morning but stay in a Travelodge / formulaOne type place overnight?
I guess you have a site all booked and paid for and time off work booked?

Methe Sun 26-Jul-15 09:01:48

Camping with flu sounds absolutely hideous sad I'd postpone until he's better.

Thumbcat Sun 26-Jul-15 10:55:30

If it's real flu then I don't see how you can go. I'd resign myself to a holiday at home with lots of days out with the kids and takeaways. If it's just man flu then a swift kick up the arse and a Lemsip might do the trick.

Your journey sounds horrendous though. Up at 4am shock Where were you off to?

DizziDoll Mon 27-Jul-15 14:39:11

Well, we're here. I drove most of the way while he whimpered. Poor man. I suspect it is a flu with a good dose of man flu as well...

Postponing was not an option and we haven't had a real holiday in 2 very stessful years. So we were going with or without him.

He'll be ok in a day or two. Meanwhile the kids are having a blast .

We are in the south of france. Lovely and warm.

Blu Mon 27-Jul-15 14:53:47

Blimey - you drove all the way to the SoF in one day - including getting through the horrendous queues for the tunnel etc?

Have a great holiday, and I hope the sunshine works miracles.

FrozenAteMyDaughter Mon 27-Jul-15 17:46:53

Wow, dizzidoll very impressive! Where did you end up in the end?

DizziDoll Tue 28-Jul-15 12:44:42

We live in Belgium so didn't have to go through the tunnel, thank goodness. DH is fine, stille a little achey but fine otherwise.
I am taking vit c tablets to avoid coming down with it too. Fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now