Talk

Advanced search

Quiet campsite somewhere between West London and South Wales

(5 Posts)
morechildrenplease Sat 25-Jul-15 12:31:55

Would be very grateful for help from you lovely ladies. I need a natural campsite - camp fires etc - easily accessible from West London and Cardiff but not in Wales itself or won't be a holiday. So am guessing Oxfordshire, Cotswolds or anywhere similarly accessible.

Prefer somewhere quieter not least as we are looking at Aug bank holiday and am guessing a lot of well-known places will already be booked.

All ideas gratefully received.

Barbeasty Sun 26-Jul-15 11:48:44

Tobacconist Farm in Minchinhampton might fit the bill.

It isn't "natural" in that is has a decent shower block, and a climbing frame for the children, but it allows fires and is a small site so doesn't feel too busy even when it's full.

When I was there last weekend the owner said she had space for the bank holiday weekend but I don't know if she still does.

AtiaoftheJulii Sun 26-Jul-15 11:53:23

Postern Hill near Marlborough? Don't think it allows fires, but is in the forest and very low key.

lavendersun Sun 26-Jul-15 12:49:32

Not quite out of Wales by about a mile but Walkers Cottage, Hay on Wye is a blissful place.

www.hay-on-wye-camping.co.uk

morechildrenplease Sun 26-Jul-15 13:45:18

Brilliant! Thanks so much. I will try them all for availability.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now