Talk

Advanced search

IceyTek challenge...

(16 Posts)
TheRobbingBastards Fri 24-Jul-15 14:47:51

We're off tomorrow in the rain and my IceyTek has something to prove.
One of my associates thinks it an obscene waste of money and likely to be no better than his Wilkinsons special. Clearly he's wrong and will not be so condescending when my beer is still cold 4 days in <smiles serenely>
AND, to up the ante even further I have "borrowed" space in a friends commercial chiller to pre-cool it, and my Aussie gel packs are freezing as we speak.

Let battle commence grin

autumnboys Fri 24-Jul-15 18:22:39

Greatly admiring of your dedication in finding commercial freezer space for pre-chilling. Our Iceytek has its maiden outing tomorrow. I have bored everyone senseless talking about it, so I do hope it performs!

Blu Fri 24-Jul-15 19:06:34

Chill the beer almost to freezing, don't open it much or leave it open...and let battle commence!

GobblersKnob Fri 24-Jul-15 20:13:10

I love mine, just got back from 9 days in Norfolk and hardly had to faff with it at all, I was an absolute slave to my last cheapy one, it required constant attention.

TheRobbingBastards Sat 25-Jul-15 09:13:41

DH has just picked it up and has reported that it is "f*****g freezing!"
I will be loading it up any second now <strokes IceyTek lovingly>

Blu Sat 25-Jul-15 11:21:39

:excitement mounts:

pictish Sun 26-Jul-15 22:57:21

We're just back from a 10 day trip with our new Icey-Tek in tow. We pre chilled its arse off and swapped the gel packs out alternate days. It did 10 days no problem.
Let the battle commence.

TheRobbingBastards Mon 27-Jul-15 18:09:41

Last nights bottled beer was ice cold <smug smile>
I'm home for a bit and DH is in charge. He's been issued with strict instructions regarding the swapping of gel packs grin

Fourarmsv2 Tue 28-Jul-15 14:22:54

We (I) pre-chill our Coleman for a few days - half fill with water and then change icepacks twice a day.

Makes a massive difference smile

TheRobbingBastards Thu 30-Jul-15 08:45:42

Well, I won <small victory jig>

Stuff was as cold at the end of day 5 as it was when it went in. The Aussie packs really seemed to help as well smile

AwkwardAnnie Thu 30-Jul-15 22:47:40

Oh Good! I've been wondering how you got on.
My Icey tek is currently pre-chilling ready for its first outing this year. I had bad planning though so forgot to save the 1litre milk bottles that I usually use as ice blocks. The normal ice blocks are currently freezing and I bought a bag of ice from the supermarket to pre-chill it.

SalomeD Fri 31-Jul-15 14:22:55

Well done, the Iceytek reigns supreme!

autumnboys Sat 01-Aug-15 16:49:32

I did lunch today using the butter I had chucked in, frozen, last Saturday, when I packed the IceyTek up. We've camped all week, chucked an extra bag of ice in midweek. It is a miracle. Still have one nice cold gin-of-tin for tonight.

Sagethyme Sat 01-Aug-15 17:02:18

What is an iceytek? Is it similar to a cool box? I'm takin smalls camping shortly and would love something that will keep milk cool for a few days.

UterusUterusGhali Sat 01-Aug-15 20:49:26

It's the queen of cool boxes, my herby friend, if threads here are to believed.
Big, but amazing.
I covet.

Is there an actual shop anywhere that sells them, or can you only get them online, folks?

autumnboys Sat 01-Aug-15 21:35:05

Online only, I think, coolboxesuk.com

They import them from Australia, I think they have the only UK licence.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now