Talk

Advanced search

Private campsite / bit of campsite for birthday celebration summer 2016

(14 Posts)
pootlebug Wed 22-Jul-15 21:41:28

I'm 40 next year. Love camping - specifically love camping where we can have an open fire and plenty of space for the kids to run wild.

Contemplating the idea of a camping weekend for my 40th next August. In an ideal world somewhere we could book a whole small site, or a section of a site, where we could have campfires, potentially get in a caterer for the Sat night (birthday on Sat), etc. Maybe a dozen families or so.

Has anyone done anything similar or have any ideas?

I'm in SE London (as are majority of friends) so an easy drive would be good. Norfolk/Suffolk/Kent/Hampshire etc.

Callmecordelia Thu 23-Jul-15 07:21:07

I think Bodiam boating station hires out the whole site. I've not been yet, I keep on meaning to go, but it looks fun, lots of watery activities and the pub across the road is good too (have been there). It's not too bad a drive, you can go down the A21 to get there.

pootlebug Thu 23-Jul-15 10:01:55

Thanks, Callmecordelia - will have a look

zgaze Thu 23-Jul-15 10:11:02

Wowo (Wapsbourne Manor) campsite let us have a whole field for a group celebration weekend. It's Tunbridge Wells way, was an easy drive (45mins-ish from SE London). Great campsite too, it has a real festival feel (in a good way) and you can have campfires. We also took over a big section of Forgewood with the same group of friends but I think I read they weren't taking bookings at the moment due to planning permission issues or something.

BrassicaBabe Thu 23-Jul-15 20:48:38

Hi. I can't do a proper link from this phone but checkout www.newfarmholidays.co.uk
Does exclusive hire and extra stuff like catering and activities
X

pootlebug Fri 24-Jul-15 08:48:09

Wowo looks good! Newfarmholidays does too but it's probably a bit far for most people to travel.
Thank you both

FrozenAteMyDaughter Fri 24-Jul-15 11:02:37

One of my.friends did exactly this recently at a site called Chafford Park in Kent . Might be worth giving the owner there a call.

FrozenAteMyDaughter Fri 24-Jul-15 11:04:46

Another friend did it a few years ago at Park Farm near Bodiam. It is a large and busy site but they have extra fields they sometimes rent out for big.parties. Can't link I am afraid.

Bodeccia Fri 24-Jul-15 12:54:48

I'm 40 this year too, and if I had the money, I'd go here: safaribritain.wordpress.com/

It has amazing reviews and seems idyllic.

Happy camping!

Bodeccia Fri 24-Jul-15 13:04:35

Sorry, really out of date link there, try this one :
mountharryhouse.wordpress.com/camping/

hz Fri 24-Jul-15 13:48:11

Recommend Inwood for group camping. It's a huge woodland with various meadows. You can reserve bits of it for your group. Campfires encouraged but no amplified music. If some of your group are less into the wilder side of camping reserve part of Home field which has 'proper' toilets and showers. In other places its long drops and brilliant gas heated bush showers. I had my 40th there this year, it was perfect.

pootlebug Fri 24-Jul-15 21:14:58

Thank you everyone - these look great.

ChuckNovice Fri 24-Jul-15 21:23:40

We stayed here with 17 family members was great. He has two sites on his family cow farm. If you don't like cows though be warned the shower is through the milking parlour.

The actual sites are very private and secluded.

Stayed a few weeks back in the woodland and we're going again in a few weeks.

www.airbnb.com/rooms/6374315?s=8

www.airbnb.com/rooms/3844760?s=8

lexb14 Fri 24-Jul-15 21:27:18

The original hut company in Bodiam is lovely - you can camp or have shepherd hits

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now