Talk

Advanced search

What the hell do I sleep on?

(10 Posts)
madoldwoman Tue 21-Jul-15 20:41:18

Help me out here, wise campers.... I HATE air beds (fed up of ending up flat on the floor and feeling sick when you roll over) so bought a 5cm vango sim to try (was £20 off Amazon so thought it was worth a go).

Have used it for 3 nights this weekend and whilst every night it felt really comfortable when I went to sleep, by the early hours of every morning I was waking up with terrible pain in my shoulders and back whichever way I tried to lie.

Where did I go wrong? Should I have got a thicker sim? (I'm not the most delicate of flowers!) Or did I overinflate it (I opened the valve everyday for a bit to reinflate) and I should have let air out to make it softer?

Any thoughts appreciated!

madoldwoman Tue 21-Jul-15 20:42:28

Should also have said, if anyone has any other foolproof solutions for a comfortable nights sleep for the well built girl, I'd love to hear them!

usualsuspect333 Tue 21-Jul-15 20:43:23

We have a double height airbed. It's very comfy.

austenozzy Tue 21-Jul-15 20:46:38

We have 10cm sims on a folding frame campbed. V comfy!

MissWimpyDimple Tue 21-Jul-15 22:14:19

Are you using your usual pillow set up? I find that makes more difference to me than the mat.

That said, mine is a 7cm SIM and I'm v small.

If money wasn't an object, I would want the www.amazon.co.uk/Exped-Mega-LXW-grey-inflatable/dp/B0047BTUEK

madoldwoman Tue 21-Jul-15 22:28:09

I did have a pillow but it was a very thin one and to be honest I normally have two so you could be on to something with that.

madoldwoman Tue 21-Jul-15 22:29:49

Have to agree with you about that money no object mat - looks VERY comfortable!

Wolfiefan Tue 21-Jul-15 22:29:56

If it's anything like an air bed they tend to go flat overnight. (Air inside gets cold.) You'd need a mat or blanket under it.

Missanneshirley Wed 22-Jul-15 20:23:59

sim on top of a camp bed- comfier than my bed at home!!

Blu Wed 22-Jul-15 23:57:21

I am not a camper who needs much to make me comfortable, but if space allows I do like a couple of pillows for strategic propping. And when I went all by myself and had the whole car free, I took a foam
Mattress from Lidl. It folds into
A cube for sitting on, etc. a foam fold out bed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: