Talk

Advanced search

Where are you off to this summer?

(13 Posts)
PotteringAlong Sun 19-Jul-15 15:42:17

We're off to Eskdale in the lakes tomorrow. How about you?

gymboywalton Sun 19-Jul-15 15:43:54

we are going to the Netherlands. i am feeling a little bit ...not anxious exactly but certainly apprehensive!
dh is sorting all the kit as we speak-we need to repair some poles etc

PotteringAlong Sun 19-Jul-15 16:59:59

Ooh, we're talking about going to the Netherlands next summer.

cakewitch Sun 19-Jul-15 17:03:09

Ahhh. Eskdale is beautiful. We were there for the beer festival in June. Crap weather, but otherwise great. Which site?? I love both of them for different reasons.

Diamondsmiles Sun 19-Jul-15 17:05:41

Interesting. What made you pick the Netherlands for camping?

gymboywalton Sun 19-Jul-15 17:14:42

wanted to go somewhere in europe that wasn't too long a drive and wasn't france basically. and was quite cheap.
we are planning on visiting amsterdam etc while we are there

badger21 Sun 19-Jul-15 22:51:27

The Netherlands is fabulous for camping - they are all camping people ...

We're off to Corsica next weekend. Very excited, but just starting to get a bit nervous about packing!

Thumbcat Mon 20-Jul-15 08:34:29

We're going here and here with a couple of shorter trips to other places. Off next week and I can't wait.

lavendersun Mon 20-Jul-15 08:56:43

Scotland and some of the Islands for us, up through the Lakes, then to Hampton Court and Hay on Wye for two separate weekends. Hoping to get a long weekend in Snowdonia too if we can manage it and probably two nights on the Norfolk Broads canoe camping.

TheSconeOfStone Mon 20-Jul-15 11:18:54

We're off to Belgium for a week at the end of August. I lived there for a couple of years as a child and have done Brugge and Brussels with a DH a few times. Campsite has a swimming with canoes and pedaloes, bike hire and masses of play equipment. And we get to drag the DC sound a few cities for the cultural angle. Plus beer and chocolate of course.

I'm a bit nervous as Belgium isn't know as a camping destination and most of the Flanders sites didn't look too appealing but the one we're chosen looks good.

We're probably heading to France again next year but would like to try the Netherlands sometime.

IWorkForAnAirline Mon 20-Jul-15 11:38:50

i'm looking at either Cuba, Mexico, Southern American (Georgia type), or maybe Barbados....

(see my user name!)

lavendersun Mon 20-Jul-15 15:37:35

I would need to work for an airline to take my gear camping IWorkForAnAirline, I would be bankrupt otherwise!

Fourarmsv2 Wed 22-Jul-15 07:03:34

Rowlestone Court Farm, Bosworth Water Park and Whitemead Forest Park so far.

Going to make the most of being a teacher and follow the UK sunshine this summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now