Talk

Advanced search

Camping Virgin - please be gentle!

(4 Posts)
Jungfraujoch Fri 17-Jul-15 20:50:55

So I always camped when I was younger with my parents (trailer tent!) and feel my 2 DSs should experience it too! They are 14 and 10.

I'm thinking just a couple of nights and would like a recommendation for a nice site somewhere in Dorset (I'm near Poole). We can borrow a tent and all the equipment so we're good to go!

Where would you suggest?

Jungfraujoch Sat 18-Jul-15 12:21:26

Any recommendations please? Thanks

Dollydewdrop21 Sat 18-Jul-15 19:41:41

If you join camping and caravan club (around £30 a year) they have some great sites all over uk which in my experience are always clean and well run.

Ineedmorepatience Sat 18-Jul-15 22:37:48

I actually find the camping and caravan club sites very expensive even when you are a member, which we are!

I think if you know what area you want you are better off on Uk campsites then you can look at lots of sites including the CandCc ones.

Some sites are still under £20 per night if you shop around and dont want loads of facilities but be prepared to pay more for a pool or clubhouse.

On Uk campsites you can also do a search for sites which allow campfires if that kind of thing floats your boat!

Granted the showers and toilets are always spotless on C andCC sites but I have been to loads of independent sites with clean facilities too.

Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now