Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

campsite in Cornwall (South West)

(15 Posts)
WhatAHooHa Mon 13-Jul-15 14:35:05

Hi all, sorry this has prob been done to death but we're looking for a new campsite and need recommendations! We normally go to North Cornwall and thought this year we'd split our trip so we can explore the South West of the county a bit more. We like the quieter kind of site, no bars, kids clubs etc. Would like a bit of space around the pitches for the kids to play (and so the baby and toddler don't wake up the neighbours at silly o'clock), a couple of hot showers, some not-manky loos, and somewhere to freeze our ice packs (are debating going with electric hook-up this year as well, if that's available). Looking at spending c£20 a night (two adults, two teens, toddler, baby). Oh, and we have a dog. And a fire pit which we prefer to cook on, so need to be allowed fires. Hopefully someone has the perfect site for us!

Rakoffscott Mon 13-Jul-15 18:29:23

We just booked here: polmanter.co.uk/ after seeing a recomendation on mumsnet smile

isambardo Mon 13-Jul-15 21:55:27

I've not been but my sister highly recommended this place on the Lizard....
www.henryscampsite.co.uk/

Corygal Mon 13-Jul-15 21:57:51

Pentewan Sands is great.

DorisLessingsCat Mon 13-Jul-15 22:00:06

Have a look at the Roseland Peninsula, it's beautiful and quiet all year round. Ferry over to Falmouth for a nice day out.

WhatAHooHa Mon 13-Jul-15 22:30:55

Thanks Rak, had a look at that site but its a bit more 'organised'than I'm after really. We like to pretend we're roughing it, and like the peace and quiet of somewhere smaller and without bars, restaurants, etc

WhatAHooHa Mon 13-Jul-15 22:33:33

Is - I've heard of henry's, just had a look at their website and worried it may be too cool for us! Do you know if it's suitable with young kids, in terms of noise/singing/guitars in the evening?

Core and Doris, thanks for the recommendations, will have a look at them now.

badRoly Mon 13-Jul-15 22:33:48

I live in Falmouth and various friends today were raving about Henrys mentioned up thread. I've not been myself but it does seem popular.

holdingontight Mon 13-Jul-15 22:36:50

Have a look at treloan farm on the roseland near portscatho.

WhatAHooHa Mon 13-Jul-15 22:59:22

Henry's looks lovely, but just skimmed through the 'Common Sense' section of the site and they don't allow dogs! sad

hz Tue 14-Jul-15 12:34:50

Penrose campsite near Porthleven, Helston. Just fields with great views over the sea, tons of space, never overcrowded. Close to Loe Bar and Penrose Estate - National trust (but open to anyone) Namparra on The Lizard near Kennack Sands, again loads space for kids to play. There is a bar area but it is a really long way from the actual camping fields and very low key, just place for the owners to hang out with their friends I reckon though the kids did wander up there one evening and end up playing cards with some ladies up there! Noongallas is another one I nearly went to, again very low key. All allow campfires but I can't swear to dogs, though I reckon there's a good chance as they are very laid back.

PartyFops Tue 14-Jul-15 16:48:19

Can recommend Menehay farm in Falmouth, we stayed there last week. It's quiet, immaculate showers etc, we had our dog, not sure about fire pit, but can't see it being a problem.

WhatAHooHa Wed 15-Jul-15 14:50:46

Have just booked at Penrose, thank you hz!

hz Wed 15-Jul-15 15:37:29

Excellent. West Cornwall is my favourite part of Cornwall, have a great time exploring! Oh and please note although fires are permitted they don't sell proper wood there (they sell eco logs instead) but there are plenty of places around you can stop off and buy a bag of wood.

Traineesupermum Sun 19-Jul-15 13:28:49

Trevedra farm at sennen is amazing - stunning sea views and access to a beautiful quiet beach - although the path down to it is quite steep. Decent shop on site and plenty of showers/loos x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now