Talk

Advanced search

electric hook up in France

(5 Posts)
applegate79 Tue 07-Jul-15 20:01:40

Hi hoping someone can help me with what's probably a really silly question!
We have booked pitches with electric hook up for our holiday to France and hired a fridge from the 3 campsites we are spending time at. We have always just used a cool box but I really don't want to shop daily and so thought a fridge hire would be helpful.
So my question basically is do I just need an electric hook up lead with adaptor for inside the tent or will I also need an adaptor for the bit that is outside too?? Sorry probably a really stupid question but I am clueless about it!!
Also would anyone recommend a particular length, they seem to go from 10-50 m?!!
Thanks in advance :-)

IpsyUpsyDaisyDo Tue 07-Jul-15 21:29:08

I've just come back from France where we had an electric hookup for out tent and hired a fridge. The electric hookup plug is exactly the same as at a UK campsite, so no adapters needed there. Our one has a 3-plug board at the other end, so our kettle etc from home fits them ok, again no adapters needed.
But the fridge had a French plug, so we used a regular travel plug adaptor for that, and it all worked beautifully smile
It was the first time we've hired a fridge, it was soooooo worth it! I wish UK campsites would do it! Chilled white wine & beer, ice-cubes, cutting down on trips to the shops... Marvellous! grin

IpsyUpsyDaisyDo Tue 07-Jul-15 21:34:04

Oh, and I'd get a nice long lead, ours is prob about 30m. Much easier to coil up unused cable than have to arrange your pitch because it's a bit short.

applegate79 Tue 07-Jul-15 21:43:14

Perfect thank you!
I have never wanted electric hook up before but am sick of having to swap ice packs over etc and want to be able to stock up on cold wine and ice cream although had wondered if I was being a bit extravagant! I think it will be sooo worth it reading your post though.

Milliways Thu 09-Jul-15 21:36:01

We have just moved sites within France. On our first site we DID need and adaptor for the hook up, on this one it is the same as the UK ones. You may need to take an adaptor just in case.
Agree too that the French Fridge will likely use a French plug.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now