Talk

Advanced search

Hats off to this family, cycle camping with baby & toddler!

(6 Posts)
Milliways Mon 06-Jul-15 17:50:33

So we are in 33 degree heat in the Loire, watching people arriving and setting up camp. Thee are a few lone cyclists here with tiny tent etc, but a couple arrived towing a trailer behind one bike, and I thought "what a great idea to tow all your gear" but out came a toddler, and then a tiny baby! They had a small tent and mats outside for the kids to play on, and seemed to have packed a fair few toys somehow too. Luckily they had a really shady pitch under a tree and it's a very short walk to the village with loads of restaurants and a Carrefour Cite (like Sainsburys central). Even so, I find it too hot to walk so how they managed to cycle with all that is beyond me.

Does anyone here cycle camp with the kids?

Piffpaffpoff Mon 06-Jul-15 17:54:43

We have done a few wild camps with me pulling DD wedged in her trailer surrounded by sleeping bags and pillows, and DH taking a cargo trailer with the rest of the stuff. Only for a night or two though!

Buttercup27 Mon 06-Jul-15 18:05:16

Never tried camping but love towing the dcs in the trailer behind my bike. They are 3 and nearly 2. You don't really notice it's behind you until you get to a hill or narrow gate!

Milliways Mon 06-Jul-15 20:09:01

Hats off to you both. I suppose as I never cycled with kids until they could ride their own I was in awe.
Also, that we have a camper stuffed full of stuff for just. 2 of us, and 2 of them are carrying enough for the family in Panniers smile

Blu Mon 06-Jul-15 21:20:38

Hats off?

I'd go the full naked rambler in my admiration for that!

Buttercup27 Mon 06-Jul-15 21:51:33

Would love to be brave enough to take them camping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now