Talk

Advanced search

Looking for coastal campsite recommendations in Dorset.

(17 Posts)
Zzzsnatcher Fri 03-Jul-15 18:43:22

Looking for recommendations for coastal campsite in dorset. Electric hook up. Taking young children.
Many thanks in advance

hz Fri 03-Jul-15 23:04:11

How about Hook Farm, Lyme Regis - on coastal path (but not sea views direct for site) lovely site. Lyme is great for kids with sandy beach at the cob and pretty town too. Close to local pub and general store too.

SignoraStronza Fri 03-Jul-15 23:07:31

Durdle Door. Reasonably steep walk down the cliff path but very close to the beach.

Zzzsnatcher Fri 03-Jul-15 23:15:16

Great thanks.
The Durdle campsite worries me with the steep path with toddler.
Do you know what Golden Cap campsite is like?

Zzzsnatcher Fri 03-Jul-15 23:37:08

Hook farm looks nice. Is it walking distance to a shop or does it have shop on site

Zzzsnatcher Fri 03-Jul-15 23:37:38

I'm sorry you wrote close to general store

hz Sat 04-Jul-15 09:02:31

Zzzsnatcher - I haven't actually been as they don't allow fires (boo) - but I have friends who have been and really liked it. Website says there is a small shop on site and you can walk to local village shop too.

Milliways Sat 04-Jul-15 17:06:34

We have been to Golden Cap and had one of the 5 premium pitches right at the front with nothing between you and see apart from the Anchor Pub!
Staff were friendly and the main camping area was pretty, views of the hills and some did ave sea views through the pitches.
We walked to West Bay (Broadchurch) one day and over golden cap another. We are definitely going back soon.

Mrsjayy Sat 04-Jul-15 17:11:58

Ive stayed at durdle door its lovely the camping bit is really near the bath though not costal but close longthorns farm between wool and bere regis is lovely very child friendly and its just had a new toilet block and they have alpacas ALPACAS grin

Mrsjayy Sat 04-Jul-15 17:13:23

The path not bath

rumgy Sat 04-Jul-15 17:18:05

We too love longthorns farm.
The children can walk alpacas and it it next to monkey world / tank museum. You can have fires.

Milliways Sat 04-Jul-15 17:50:22

I too agree with Longthorns, were there when the new loo block had just opened, but don't consider it.a coastal site. ( we define coastal as walkable to beach, having a camper means we tend to find sites with walkable stuff nearby.
Currently sweltering next to the Loire smile wine

Mrsjayy Sat 04-Jul-15 19:46:26

No it isnt costal but the cove isnt far ive not been this year yet sad so not seen the new loos i will miss the danger of the saloon doors showers grin

summerlovingliz Sun 05-Jul-15 08:42:56

I am hoping to try Rosewall near Weymouth soon, that looks lovely

Sausages123 Sun 05-Jul-15 08:51:52

Eweleazes farm just outside Weymouth. Not sure if it has electrical hook up though

greyhound8 Mon 06-Jul-15 19:40:21

Wood farm in Charmouth. The electric hook up pitches are lovely. Near pristine shower and toilet block and washing up. Site has lovely indoor pool (pay extra on site for this) and little soft play and nice playground. About 3/4 mile to Charmouth beach and 2 miles from Lyme. Great site. Wouldn't recommend the camping field without elec hook up but the elec pitches are lovely.

marshmum Mon 06-Jul-15 19:51:03

East fleet farm at chickerell just outside Weymouth. Nice site, good facilities, shop etc. the site goes right down to the edge of the fleet, so not possible to walk onto the beach but amazing views, on coastal footpath. We haven't been for a few years babies! but hoping to go again soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now